ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Application after Current Tier 4 Expires

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

andrea9812
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Application after Current Tier 4 Expires

Post by andrea9812 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:08 pm

Hi everyone.

I'm an Non-EU student in UK who's currently under a Tier 4 visa that will expire on 01 November 2016. I got a job offer and the company is willing to issue me a COS. Yet the problem is, before 11 August I didn't have the required 945 pounds within my account. Considering the requirement for having no less than 945 pounds for 90 consecutive days I will only be able to apply for the Tier 2 visa after 9th Noverber (by which time my current Tier 4 visa has expired...)

So I was wondering:
1) Can I apply for my Tier 2 within the 28 days grace period?
2) If the answer to the above question is No, can I have the company providing certificate saying that they will pay for the first month of my accommodation and living expenses?
3) Worst scenario, can I go back to my home country and apply from there?

Thanks so much for you kind help. Would really appreciate that :D !!

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Re: Tier 2 Application after Current Tier 4 Expires

Post by gag285 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:10 am

andrea9812 wrote:Hi everyone.

I'm an Non-EU student in UK who's currently under a Tier 4 visa that will expire on 01 November 2016. I got a job offer and the company is willing to issue me a COS. Yet the problem is, before 11 August I didn't have the required 945 pounds within my account. Considering the requirement for having no less than 945 pounds for 90 consecutive days I will only be able to apply for the Tier 2 visa after 9th Noverber (by which time my current Tier 4 visa has expired...)

So I was wondering:
1) Can I apply for my Tier 2 within the 28 days grace period?
2) If the answer to the above question is No, can I have the company providing certificate saying that they will pay for the first month of my accommodation and living expenses?
3) Worst scenario, can I go back to my home country and apply from there?

Thanks so much for you kind help. Would really appreciate that :D !!
The simplest thing to do would be to get your Sponsor to certify maintenance on the CoS.