ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long Break from EEA1 -2

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

szabcsee
Newly Registered

Long Break from EEA1 -2

Post by szabcsee » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:01 am

Dear Forum Members,

I'm currently waiting to end my 1 year period on WRS to apply for EEA1 and then my non-EEA wife (after FMRS) (myself EU Citizen, Hungarian) can apply for EEA2. As far as I know it means (hopefully) that she will get a residency card for 5 years. My question is. After if we become unemployed or we leave the country for a few months to study or take a long break, does it cease the residency status and we have to reapply again? After having the EEA1 means i will not have to apply for WRS again? How long does the EEA1 and EEA2 application process normally take?
Thank you for your help.