ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NCS didn't took p60s / payslips..!!Strange

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jpat2002

NCS didn't took p60s / payslips..!!Strange

Post by jpat2002 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:25 pm

Hello Seniors
One of my friend just applied for Naturalisation 2 weeks ago. He took all the supporting documents like p60s,payslips,etc. But NCS lady said just write down Tax reference number on form and that's it:.!! She said no need of P60s or Payslips. Even she double check with someone over phone and they said same thing. My friend is now wondering wether it's gonna be OK or not..?

Thanks
Jashbhai

Noetic
Member of Standing

Re: NCS didn't took p60s / payslips..!!Strange

Post by Noetic » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:25 pm

The requirement to prove NI contributions for the past 10 years seems to be new and the form itself has not been updated.

You should only need P60s etc to prove residence if you are an EEA citizen and therefore your passport does not get stamped - but I had to insist my P60s were copied even so.

But if a caseworker needs more info they will ask for it - just be careful if they do ask for "passports" they often actually seem to mean evidence of residence.

jpat2002

Post by jpat2002 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:27 pm

jpat2002 wrote:Hello Seniors
One of my friend just applied for Naturalisation 2 weeks ago. He took all the supporting documents like p60s,payslips,etc. But NCS lady said just write down Tax reference number on form and that's it:.!! She said no need of P60s or Payslips. Even she double check with someone over phone and they said same thing. My friend is now wondering wether it's gonna be OK or not..?

Thanks
Jashbhai
Sorry forgot to mention that my friend was Self -employed so,NCS lady just took Self Assessment Latest Statement.. But No payslips/P60s..!!

jpat2002

Post by jpat2002 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:33 pm

Noetic wrote:The requirement to prove NI contributions for the past 10 years seems to be new and the form itself has not been updated.

You should only need P60s etc to prove residence if you are an EEA citizen and therefore your passport does not get stamped - but I had to insist my P60s were copied even so.

But if a caseworker needs more info they will ask for it - just be careful if they do ask for "passports" they often actually seem to mean evidence of residence.
Hi
Thanks for your reply..!!yeah he took all the documents with him but NCS lady said Tax office reference number is enough.. HO can check all the HMRC record..!! So,she didn't took any P60s/Payslips. My friend told them about new guidance and then she double check with someone over phone and confirmed that she don't need any other documents. But he did submit Self Assessment statement as he was Self Employed..!

menie13

Post by menie13 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:44 am

Thanks
Jashbhai
HUMM how strange. Mine took a copy of the last 3 years of P60s and the letter from my previous employers too. And that was a week ago ? BUt having said that I am not self employed...
In all honesty it makes more sense to use the NI. it might ease their admin in all honesty!!

jpat2002

Post by jpat2002 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:55 am

menie13 wrote:

Thanks
Jashbhai
HUMM how strange. Mine took a copy of the last 3 years of P60s and the letter from my previous employers too. And that was a week ago ? BUt having said that I am not self employed...
In all honesty it makes more sense to use the NI. it might ease their admin in all honesty!!
Hi thanks for your reply..!!

Anyone else with any NCS experience..?? Please share..!!