ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

latest on HSMP extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jaiswal88
Newly Registered

latest on HSMP extension

Post by jaiswal88 » Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:02 pm

yesterday i have spoken at the customer service for HSMP EXTENSION, now they are taking 13-14 weeks to process, cases recd. till 27 aug is underprocessing.

any further news with anybody ???

thanks

Chess
Diamond Member

Re: latest on HSMP extension

Post by Chess » Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:13 pm

jaiswal88 wrote:yesterday i have spoken at the customer service for HSMP EXTENSION, now they are taking 13-14 weeks to process, cases recd. till 27 aug is underprocessing.

any further news with anybody ???

thanks

The only way that can be proved is by obtaining evidence from someone who has recently applied for extension

On the other hand if what you say is correct - then we are in for a long ride...

..surely it will be ridiculous if HO sits on peoples passports for 3 months or so!!
Where there is a will there is a way.

Rog
Member of Standing

Post by Rog » Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:39 pm

I have also applied for extension. This is ridiculous to hold our passports for 2-3 months. This means that we cannot apply for any new job in the interim period as a new employer will ask for the passport before taking any decision on employment offer. Other categories like students are being called in person and given the extension stamps on the spot. They can do the same for HSMP also. Also the workload of extension would not be that much compared to processing of new HSMP applications.

tvt

Post by tvt » Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:08 pm

Well that is not that bad. It means they processed 15 days load of applications within a week.

Operational service level for FLR (IED) at the beginning of this week, was 12 August 2004.
-----------------------------------
<<<N. N. - G. N.>>>

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:04 pm

good point TVT, it will be interesting to see what the date for FLR applications will be on Monday's update. if they really have done 2 weeks plus it could mean they are working to clear the backlog

jaiswal88
Newly Registered

Post by jaiswal88 » Fri Oct 29, 2004 9:14 am

in fact i have apllied on 6th of aug.04 and still awaiting the outcome.
the date which they are showing 12the aug cases are underprocessing e pertaining to wp not hsmp.

thanks

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Fri Oct 29, 2004 10:46 pm

jaiswal88 wrote:in fact i have apllied on 6th of aug.04 and still awaiting the outcome.
the date which they are showing 12the aug cases are underprocessing e pertaining to wp not hsmp.
thanks
Leave to remain applications include various categories including HSMP.

As per their published list on the website, this includes the following:
1)Work Permit arrangements (including dependants)
2)Sectors Based Scheme
3)Home Office approved Training or Work Experience (including dependants)
4)Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (including dependants)
5)Seasonal Agricultural Workers Scheme

If your application was posted (or recieved) by the HO on the 6th of August, then I would suggest you call them up and find out.

aj77

Post by aj77 » Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:12 am

according to latest update they are processing FLR applications received on 18th of August and 12th of May for HSMP applicants.

http://www.workingintheuk.gov.uk/workin ... rvice.html

info from jaiswall88 was not accurate they are processing application received on 27th of August.So the hope that they might have speed up the processing time didn t come true. :(

try-one
Member of Standing

Post by try-one » Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:28 am

This is taking too long....... could it be that they are waiting for the new forms in november to speed up the process???

jaiswal88
Newly Registered

Post by jaiswal88 » Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:33 pm

sorry itwas application processing under 27 july not aug
and they are taking realy long.

mine application they have recd. on 9th aug but its still with the HSMP extension team

daily basis i am trying to contact but not successful

thanks

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:16 pm

Are you sure you have the right contact details of the in-country operational team?

You can find these contact details on the FLR(IED) form

Telephone:0114 274 3304 or 0114 274 3305
Fax: 0114 274 3101 or 0114 274 3102
E-mail: Ops2.In-Country@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

jaiswal88
Newly Registered

Post by jaiswal88 » Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:57 pm

yes i am contacting 0114 259 4074/0114 2595999
and also sent emails but till date no response

hope for the best

thanks

i will also contact on those nos which you have provided.

thanks

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:09 pm

jaiswal88 wrote:yes i am contacting 0114 259 4074/0114 2595999
and also sent emails but till date no response
0114 259 4074 is for general enquiries about the HSMP scheme and not for enquiries on FLR(IED). Enquiries for FLR are split into two teams and the details I gave you are for the HSMP incountry operations team/

Please check the FLR(IED) document and read page 18 for more details.

When calling or emailing them, give them the following details:

Applicant’s full name, date of birth and nationality;
Your HSMP reference number
The Recorded or Special Delivery number (if applicable);
The date on which the application was posted; and
Your Home Office reference number if you have one.

Vayu

Post by Vayu » Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:30 pm

By far the extension after one year on the HSMP is one of the silliest and useless aspects of the HSMP. Especially if they insist on sitting on your passport for a couple of months.

By definintion, the HSMP is for highly skilled individuals, many of who will need to travel for work. Does anyone in the home office even have a brain to see that they are shooting themselves in the foot? Can't they see that with burecratic hurdles that people have to jump though, Highly skilled migrants can't do their jobs properly????

I am annoyed, as in about 6 months from now, I am going to have to surrender my passport for 3 months, and my usefulness to my employer will go down the drain.

tvt

Post by tvt » Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:43 pm

They could not care less.
-----------------------------------
<<<N. N. - G. N.>>>

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:57 am

Vayu, Tvt.
i wouldnt accuse the HO f being brainless. i believe there are provisions in place for pple with genuine need to travel, to have their FLR applications to b treated urgently, and to be honest there are pple on this forum who have managed to use that facility. Its true there could be less hurdles to jump over but u will find this in most countries. in any case the HSMP is still really in its infancy and they wiill definately make positive changes. Where else in the world can you get your WP approved in one day?

aj77

Post by aj77 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:21 pm

They have deleted the updates of 25th Oct and 29th Oct.Does any body have the clue for this change?

http://www.workingintheuk.gov.uk/workin ... ments.html?

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:48 pm

They are probably overhauling the website. There were other announcements today on the 4th of November which have been taken out. Wait a while and they will be back.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:12 am

aj77,
The updates are back to the 29th now. There should be another update today or on monday.

Rog
Member of Standing

Post by Rog » Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:52 pm

I have submitted FLR (IED) for 3 year extension and my visa expires in a week. But if they are going to take 2 months at least, I am worried what is my legal status to stay and work in UK after the expiry date. If my employer asks me to leave my job on my visa expiry until my getting the extension there will be a serious issue.

One fails to understand why the HO requires so much time where they just have to check the pay slips and tally the same with bank statements to see that the applicant is economically active. The Canadian immigration is superior in that sense there is no 1 year trial period and then extension, one gets a clear and unambiguous right to stay & work the moment one enters the country.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:00 pm

Rog,

As long as you have applied before the expiry of you current visa (which you have) you should be alright. The FLR(IED) document clearly states that any application should be submitted before the expiry of the current visa. Until your FLR(IED) is processed, you have the right to continue to work. The HO recognises the problems faced by applicants due to the delay in processing FLR applications. There have been more recently news updates on their websites.

jaiswal88
Newly Registered

Post by jaiswal88 » Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:12 pm

the nos which you have given , always busy even at 6.00 am in the morning, sent the email to wp but got the reply that if u need urgently fill the form and fax to us. this is the reply even after three month so u can well imagine what kind of things are going.

i am realy keeping quite , dont know how to go and where to go

thanks

aj77

Post by aj77 » Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:26 am

Thank you mwazir for your replies.I need yours or any other senior s advice about this particular situation.

As I have applied for the extension of next three years couple of weeks ago.Due to some emergency my wife alongwith my daughter want to go back to home .Can I get the passport of my wife back from HO without withdarwing my passport and original application as Id be here during the remaining processing time of application?

Or alternatively,
Can I ask to my country s high commission to arrange travel documents of my wife and daughter on emergency basis as our passports are with HO for FLR?

Does anybody know what would be the best way to handle that situation?

jaiswal88
Newly Registered

Post by jaiswal88 » Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:11 pm

i am also in same boat, can i also do the same as i need my wife's passport urgently to go to indiia for some urgency, can i withdraw the passport for her as already three months has gone. and till date there is no information how much time they will take.

its realy a very serious position.

i cannot apply for a job, nor i can go for travelling on official work, neither wife can start do working as she need the passport. i also want to apply for driving liecnce but without passport its not possibale, my wife need NI no which also need passport. we want to register with GP again we need the passport.

i dont know how can they doing all this thing

please advice

regards

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Sat Nov 06, 2004 5:39 pm

aj77, jaiswal88

Have you considered filling up the Urgent Treatment form? That will speed up the processing of your application. Urgent treatment form is there for these kind of emergencies or preplanned holidays or business visits overseas. Check out this weblink The urgent treatment form can be downloaded and faxed for their attention.

http://www.workingintheuk.gov.uk/workin ... emain.html

I dont know if you can withdraw only dependent passports. The best thing is to contact the incountry team with a query to this effect. Emailing would be easiest as the phone numbers are increasingly inaccessable.

Their contact details are:
In-Country Operational Team (M-Z and HSMP applicants)
Telephone: 0114 274 3304 or 0114 274 3305
Fax: 0114 274 3101 or 0114 274 3102
E-mail: Ops2.In-Country@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk