ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2 years visitor visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

raha333
Mood:
United Kingdom

2 years visitor visa

Post by raha333 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:40 pm

Hi,

My mother has 2 years family visit visa valid from sep 2015 till sep 2017. She entered the UK on 01.12.16 and left on 05.04.16. (17 weeks)
I've heard she can stay maximum 180 day during each year but I don't what year they mean, like 180 days in the calendar or one year from her arrival?
She is intending to come and see me again in October, I wonder how long she can stay? we don't want she over stays unwillingly.
Please advise me. Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: 2 years visitor visa

Post by Casa » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:18 pm

Your mother shouldn't be seen to spend more time in the UK in a 12 month rolling period than she is spending in her home country. The UKVI official guidance for case workers may be helpful, especially pages 8 & 10/11.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... e_v4_0.pdf

"the cumulative period of time the applicant has visited the UK and their pattern
of travel over the last 12 month period, and assess whether this amounts to ‘defacto’
residence in the UK"

and

"You should check the applicant’s travel history: how long are they spending in the
UK and how frequently are they returning? You must assess if they are, in effect,
making the UK their main home.
You should look at:
• the purpose of the visit and intended length of stay stated
• the number of visits made over the past 12 months, including the length of stay
on each occasion, the time elapsed since the last visit, and if this amounts to
the individual spending more time in the UK than in their home country
the purpose of return trips to the visitor’s home country and if this is used only
to seek re-entry to the UK
"
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.