ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Children born abroad to parents who are applying for British

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

perisetty
Newly Registered

Children born abroad to parents who are applying for British

Post by perisetty » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:13 pm

Greetings!

Scenario:
  • Father on ILR(got it on 18th Sept,2015), applies for Naturalisation as a British Citizen on 19th Sept,2016
    Mother on PBS dependent Visa till Nov, 2018 (becomes ILR eligible in March,2018)
    Child on ILR(got it on 5th Oct,2015)
Query:
1.Can the child apply for Naturalisation (after 5th Oct,2016) alongside with her Father who is on ILR but her Mother is still to get ILR?
2. Should the child wait till her mother gets ILR as well. This would be a scenario where Father would have got naturalized and mother would be on ILR
3.Under what section of the British Nationality Act 1981 be the child application be considered? is it Section 3(1) or any other section?

Please advise!
Thanks and Regards, Raju

secret.simon

Re: Children born abroad to parents who are applying for Bri

Post by secret.simon » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:24 am

Children born abroad (before one of the parents has naturalised) have their status in-line with the less-privileged parent.

They will need to acquire ILR along with their less-privileged parent, in this case the mother.

They will be eligible for registration under Section 3(1) when both they and their parents are settled and at least one of the parents has British citizenship.

I am surprised that the child has got ILR already while the mother has not.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

perisetty
Newly Registered

Post by perisetty » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:14 am

Thanks simon for your valuable inputs.

for ILR of the child, if one parent gets ILR and the other Parent has a legal Visa( here PBS dependent Visa), Child will get the ILR.

Regards, raju

Rizcon

Post by Rizcon » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:26 pm

perisetty wrote:Thanks simon for your valuable inputs.

for ILR of the child, if one parent gets ILR and the other Parent has a legal Visa( here PBS dependent Visa), Child will get the ILR.

Regards, raju
Could you please explain us in detail that how you managed Child's ILR and which form you used for it as I never heard any case like this?
I'm also in same boat and would be grateful if you could share it in detail as I want to apply for my child's ILR as soon as possible.

perisetty
Newly Registered

Post by perisetty » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:55 pm

There is no change in the form, it remains the same. But the rule is key-
Immigration rule 319 J (e) states the following:
(iv) One parent is, at the same time, being granted indefinite leave to remain as a Relevant Points Based System Migrant, the other parent is lawfully present in the UK or being granted leave at the same time as the applicant, and the applicant was granted leave as the child of a Relevant Points Based System Migrant under the Rules in place before 9 July 2012.

perisetty
Newly Registered

Post by perisetty » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:57 pm

my child ILR was rejected initially, I went for admin review the rule mentioned with help of a solicitor. Hope it helps

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:05 pm

Were mother and child also your dependants prior to 9 July 2012?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

perisetty
Newly Registered

Post by perisetty » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:31 pm

yes please

tiredoftiers

Post by tiredoftiers » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:13 pm

taking in account this post and the answer to the point http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1383634 that I raised few days ago is, Child does qualify for ILR because dad is on ILR and mom has FRL inline with her husband visa (mom lawfully in the UK, but child born abroad)????

Dear Perisetty did you actually mean ILE instaed of ILR when you applied for your child being abroad or child was already inthe UK before you got your ILR? please can you look through this post and reply that I would truly appreciate

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:10 pm

perisetty wrote:yes please
Why hasn't your wife apply for ILR too?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

perisetty
Newly Registered

Post by perisetty » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:53 pm

She was on PBS dependent Visa. there was a gap of more than 28 days in her Visa renewal. hence her ILR was denied. now she is on PBS dependent Visa and She will become eligible for ILR March, 2018.

I and my child have completed one year post our ILR. Hence want to go for Naturalisation. But it seems unless both parents have citizenship or atleast one parent has citizenship and the other settlement, child will not be considered for Naturalisation. So at this stage only I become eligible for naturalisation and my child child will have to wait till her mother gets ILR