ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SAR for PR date

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

buktais

SAR for PR date

Post by buktais » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:57 am

Hello,

My friend recently got her PR certificate (EEA national) and used SAR to find out what is the actual date she obtained PR according to HO. However she received such response (please click)

https://s3.postimg.org/4hites6ib/Untitled.png

It doesn't make any sense. Any ideas?

Grodan
Newly Registered

Re: SAR for PR date

Post by Grodan » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:23 am

They are answering something completely different and not what she requested, to whom did she send the SAR and what was the exact wording of her request?

My thinking is they might not have understood her question.

But to say for sure can you give more information on the for she used, where she sent it and what the wording of her question.

buktais

Post by buktais » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:34 am

The form used was Subject Access Request form UKBA (2015). Sent to the address written in the form.

The wording of request was:

Please disclose the exact date when I, name surname, acquired permanent resident status in the UK (not the issue of permanent certificate date).

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:46 am

The form wouldn't have been issued by the UKBA. They were disbanded in March 2013 due being unfit for purpose and superseded by the UKVI in April 2013.
This is the current UKVI form which was updated in July 2015
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... mmigration
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:52 am

It constantly amazes me how loyal people are to "UKBA".
Evidently a well-loved British institution despite (or because of) being found 'unfit for purpose'.
Perhaps its another sign of the traditional British quirkiness and support for the underdog.

Anyway, this is how a SAR request is done:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... r#p1386832

Example result:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... r#p1372588

Latest request form is dated July 2016.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

buktais

Post by buktais » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:55 am

Casa, this is exactly the form that was used. Sorry for confusion I meant UKVI.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:57 am

buktais wrote:Casa, this is exactly the form that was used. Sorry for confusion I meant UKVI.
No problem. Follow noajthan's advice.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

buktais

Post by buktais » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:03 am

So I see that the form was correct and the address was correct and response letter was issued by UKVI. From noajthan link I can see that the wording of request was also fine.

They also say you can write to them if you are not satisfied with an answer which is what my friend will do, but how to explain it better than it was explained on the form?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:24 am

buktais wrote:So I see that the form was correct and the address was correct and response letter was issued by UKVI. From noajthan link I can see that the wording of request was also fine.

They also say you can write to them if you are not satisfied with an answer which is what my friend will do, but how to explain it better than it was explained on the form?
Explain you are referring to PR in context of EU migration route and not to ILR.
Quote the HO guidance that refers to a person's records maintained in HO CID.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

buktais

Post by buktais » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:34 am

thank you noajthan! she even included copy of her PR certificate in SAR application as well as copy of her EEA passpot etc. What a muddle!

grateful to everyone responded.

elwael
Newly Registered

Post by elwael » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:13 pm

hello all

So I submitted my SAR request 3 weeks ago and certified my ID copy at Post Office ( someone at the forum mentioned he has done it before it went well) and sent my photo. Yesterday I received all my SAR application back with refusal letter stating that I haven't provided certified photo by solicitor confirming the photo is a true liking...

they also requested - which organization is requesting this... is it actually not allowed to request this info by me?

Please advice.

treski
Newly Registered

Post by treski » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:58 pm

elwael wrote:hello all

So I submitted my SAR request 3 weeks ago and certified my ID copy at Post Office ( someone at the forum mentioned he has done it before it went well) and sent my photo. Yesterday I received all my SAR application back with refusal letter stating that I haven't provided certified photo by solicitor confirming the photo is a true liking...

they also requested - which organization is requesting this... is it actually not allowed to request this info by me?

Please advice.
The solicitor-certified copy of the passport is a new-ish requirement (July 2016???)...

Anyone know if the date of the PR status can be requested via a fast-track SAR (no need of certifying, atm)?

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:44 am

treski wrote:
elwael wrote:Anyone know if the date of the PR status can be requested via a fast-track SAR?
Yes it can.

treski
Newly Registered

Post by treski » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:53 am

ohara wrote:
treski wrote:
elwael wrote:Anyone know if the date of the PR status can be requested via a fast-track SAR?
Yes it can.
Thanks!

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:10 am

Make sure you word it in a way which UKVI cannot possibly misinterpret your request. Something along the lines of
Please disclose the date which UKVI believes I automatically acquired the right of Permanent Residence in the United Kingdom under the EEA regulations.

elwael
Newly Registered

Post by elwael » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:56 pm

thank you Ohara!

elwael
Newly Registered

Post by elwael » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:52 pm

hello all,

So here is the wording for refusal:

unfortunately we are unable to process this request:

1. certified l photographic evidence of the subject identity for example , copy of passport or driving licence
2. an original letter of authority from each person requesting disclosure of their data over the age of 12, signed within last 6 months.

we are therefore returning all the correspondence regarding this SAR.

Please explain do I need to send them cover letter saying that i request my SAR personally for me?

thanks

LilyLalilu

Post by LilyLalilu » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:48 pm

1. certified l photographic evidence of the subject identity for example , copy of passport or driving licence
2. an original letter of authority from each person requesting disclosure of their data over the age of 12, signed within last 6 months.
You said they wanted to know which organisation is requesting the SAR - it doesn't say that anywhere, just sounds like they want a letter of authority from you, maybe just type one up and sign?!
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

elwael
Newly Registered

Post by elwael » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:40 pm

hello

soooooo I had another regusal after I sent 2nd SAR request with certified by solicitor copy of ID and original letter from myself requesting SA and postal order for £10.00

Got the following reply:

1. a correctly completed £10 cheque or postal order...
2. certified photographic evidence of the subject's identity for example , a copy of passport or driving licence.
3. an original letther of authority * from solicitor each person requesting disclosure of their data over the age of 12, signed within the last 6 months.

see below your solicitor must certify that this is a true likeness of you not your ID card.

what does it mean???? I send postal order for 10£, sent certified by solicitor copy of ID and original letter from myself requesting SAR.
whats wrong? does it mean I need to send my photo certified as well? How can solicitor certify if its true liking of me?

thanks
any thoughts??

eyalcin
Newly Registered

Post by eyalcin » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:03 pm

elwael wrote:hello

soooooo I had another regusal after I sent 2nd SAR request with certified by solicitor copy of ID and original letter from myself requesting SA and postal order for £10.00

Got the following reply:

1. a correctly completed £10 cheque or postal order...
2. certified photographic evidence of the subject's identity for example , a copy of passport or driving licence.
3. an original letther of authority * from solicitor each person requesting disclosure of their data over the age of 12, signed within the last 6 months.

see below your solicitor must certify that this is a true likeness of you not your ID card.

what does it mean???? I send postal order for 10£, sent certified by solicitor copy of ID and original letter from myself requesting SAR.
whats wrong? does it mean I need to send my photo certified as well? How can solicitor certify if its true liking of me?

thanks
any thoughts??
I had the same response just today!
In my country notary public certifies things such as IDs etc...
They didn't accept it!!
I am furious with their vague ways of telling you what to do then refuse your request on grounds that you will never understand!

WHAT TO DO I'M BEGGING YOU GUYS! HOW DO I DEAL WITH THESE PEOPLE! :(

dandodex
Spain

Post by dandodex » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:12 pm

I read their reply as meaning that what you sent them indicates the solicitor certifies the photocopy is a true reflection of your ID, but what they want is the solicitor to certify that the photo in the ID photocopy is actually you.

buktais

Post by buktais » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:44 pm

My friend has had no luck with her SAR too. She wrote bacl to them as they suggested she does so if she is not satisfied with their response. They never replied

LilyLalilu

Post by LilyLalilu » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:26 pm

Why was it rejected/sent back?
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

buktais

Post by buktais » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:29 pm

LilyLalilu wrote:Why was it rejected/sent back?
hi, refer to my opening post and click on the link to see the image.

LilyLalilu

Post by LilyLalilu » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:07 pm

Oh ok, is this still about the same friend...Thought you knew yet another person whose SAR they also rejected :)