ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Checklist for Spouse visa extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gre.bm691

Checklist for Spouse visa extension

Post by gre.bm691 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:29 pm

Hello members (sorry I am posting a new topic as other topic was getting no response due to unclear subject)

I am a naturalized citizen and am planning to apply for my wife's visa extension soon. My wife has had a child in India and has been away for almost 11 months. Could someone please review the following

Cohabition documents
- Transcrpits of Whatsapp chat to show contact during the days she has been in India (about 11 months)
- Photocopy of pages on my passport showing my trips to india to see her

Joint name:
(1) Council Tax: 2014, 2015, 2016
(2) Electoral list confirmation: Jan 2016

Docs in Wife's name: (lack of 2016 docs as she has not been in the country for the year. No bank statements were sent due to lack of transactions. I think I can request a new one should the below isnt sufficient):
(1) NHS prescription slip: Nov 2014
(2) NHS appointment letter: June 2015
(3) Bank statement: May 2014; Bank account summary: Mar 2016
(4) DVLA Provisional Licence
>(5) Might include the National Insurance letter we received (2015). Cant find it right now.

My docs:
(1) Bank statement: Mar 2014; June 2016
(2) Tenancy Agreement: 2014, 2015, 2016
(3) Home office letter of acknowledgement: Feb 2015
(4) TV licence: 2014
(5) Gas Bill: May-June 2015

Salary proof:
(1)6 months payslips and bank statements (latest)
(2)Letter from employers stating salary and designation
(3)Latest P60

Wife related documents
(1)NARIC Letter (application pending as we wait to get a letter from university in India)
(2)Original Masters certificate and transcripts from India
(3)Birth Certificate of son
(4)Marriage certificate (I am hoping to get a true duplicate issued from India. Original is with the Passport office as part of my Son's passport application)

Main
(1) Completed form
(2) Wife's passport and My passport
(3) Her Passport sized two photographs and One of mine (names written at the back of each)

Thanks for looking.

mizer
Morocco

Re: Checklist for Spouse visa extension

Post by mizer » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:51 pm

Main
(1) Completed form
(2) Wife's passport and My passport
(3) Her Passport sized two photographs and One of mine (names written at the back of each)
what do you mean about your passport the original one or certified copy?

gre.bm691

Post by gre.bm691 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:54 pm

I am planning to submit my original passport. But will also include all page Color copy too.

I have read in forum that photocopy of passport doesn't need to be certified.

If someone can categoricallys state that an all page passport copy, non certified is enough, I won't submit my passport.

gre.bm691

Post by gre.bm691 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:03 pm

Anyone?

rivercam

Post by rivercam » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:49 pm

Hi

If you are going in person then original passport is needed otherwise copy of every page in colour.

I've done this recently in person and my wife is out of country for 15 months but that's starting period after visa issued.

All I did was wrote a letter explaining the lack of cohabitation documents for that period but included the 6 required in joint names for the time in UK.

I am bit of concerned for time spent outside UK but I wasn't asked single question about it. Also my wife stayed outside of UK is not by choice but my childs passport application delay from overseas.

gre.bm691

Post by gre.bm691 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:54 pm

Thanks Rivercam. Same situation as me then as my wife has been away as well because of my child's overseas passport application.
I haven't decided yet if I am going for the premium service or not. Will include a copy of my passport anyway. thanks. I hope the documents I have mentioned are enough.

rivercam

Post by rivercam » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:04 pm

Hi

I guess you should be okay with your docs and if you have any proof for child passport application then include.

I don't know what to say but Applying child passport from India is the worst I've ever done and really hope everything goes well on your side.

gre.bm691

Post by gre.bm691 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:22 pm

Thanks, I shall include the letter regarding my son's passport application.

Can I ask, when was it that you applies for your child's passport? How long did it take?
My wife attended the interview 4 days ago. When do you reckon we could get the passport? How long did you wait after the interview? Thanks I'm advance.

rivercam

Post by rivercam » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:06 am

Hi

When I Applied it was full of chaos as passport processing changed from regional offices to UK and there is no proper communication between new Delhi and Liverpool. We were told different things by two offices where /what to send and hence long delay of 11 months for issue of passport.

I guess everything is changed now for better. I think interview the last stage of process and you can expect 3 to 4 weeks for passport to receive. Call the Liverpool passport office or involve MP if you have urgency or it takes longer.

gre.bm691

Post by gre.bm691 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:40 pm

Thanks again rivercam,
I have dropped an email to the local MP and the liverpool passport office. I only have 3weeks and 3days before my wife's visa expires! cutting it really tight.