ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tier 1 applicant
Newly Registered

Applying for Naturalisation

Post by Tier 1 applicant » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:48 pm

Hello Members

I will be applying for naturalisation with my wife & 2 kids born in India. We all got ILR last year. I was on Tier 1 General with part employment & part self employment. I had tax issue which I amended and paying HMRC in monthly payments. I spend 9 years in UK. Came as student then got PSW and Tier 1 general.

My question is what checks we should do for me & my wife to make sure there is no problem from any government department. I had 3 points on license for underinflated tyres which I declared in ILR application. My wife had a court summons for TV license for which we called TV license paid them in full and we didn't need to attend court.
We share our house with another tenant and pay our rent lump sum, including all bills. But last year I registered my wife in electoral roll, she received council tax bill & waterbill in her name. When we called them they said because their dues are outstanding and they don't have correct property owner details, they decided who ever register to vote they will send bill on their name. But we called them & explained it's shared property and also providing other tenants tenancy agreement. They agreed it's landlords responsibility to pay, they will take her name out from it. But they did not send any confirmation letter for it.
Based on all this situation I would like to know what's the proper way to find out if there is any dues still on her name with government depts like CRB, SAR etc.

As I always tried to keep my application clean & honest as required.
Members suggestion welcomed.