ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

May '16 naturalisation application timelines

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

arc321
Newly Registered

May '16 naturalisation application timelines

Post by arc321 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:42 pm

Dear Senior members, other contributors,

We made our naturalisation application in May last week for my family and me (AN + MN1), and we are eagerly looking forward to receiving approval letters (biometric letters / enrollment have all been done). I kind of look out for the postman's arrival everyday now! My query is, is there a general 'slowness' in the processing of apps made in May (owing to intervening school holidays in July-Aug or otherwise). There's not been that many updates on the 'May timeline' thread in this forum either - I counted about 14.

Please, any comments/thoughts on this?

Thanks.

arc321
Newly Registered

Re: May '16 naturalisation application timelines

Post by arc321 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:13 pm

No, Casa, I didn't think of it as a timeline thread. I am aware of the timeline thread that already exists for May '16.

I am looking for (any) thoughts on the query posed from other members.

Thanks!

Noetic
Member of Standing

Post by Noetic » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:31 pm

Suspect it's a mix of delays following on from the increased applications in March from before the fees rose, increased demand due to Brexit fears and increased absences at the home office due to summer holidays.

Noetic
Member of Standing

Post by Noetic » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:20 pm

And I feel your pain. I thought my application was very straightforward and I supplied biometrics the day I got the letter, but the longer this drags on the more I worry that it's going to get rejected, was sent to the wrong address, the postman mislaid the letters etc. I have had a lot of changes in future plans work wise since the application and knowing whether the citizenship application is approved would help me no end in deciding one way or another.

arc321
Newly Registered

Post by arc321 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:30 pm

Missed this reply somehow. That's right Noetic! I tend to think about it quite a lot these days.

I did some study on the cases in April and May. For the benefit of others, I post it here.

The average time in calendar days, between biometric submission and receipt of letter (not approval date) is:

April '16 - 45 cases - 71.65 days
May '16 - 30 cases - 71.24 days

Another question - In terms of the processing sequence, what's a key milestone* date? Is it biometric submission or the date of submission of all the applicants?

*Not related to the 6 month timeline rule

zahmed05
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by zahmed05 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:45 pm

My wife applied on 10th May and received the approval letter today.

The letter is dated 8th August and I was wondering why it was posted after 25 days :)

KASHIF830

Post by KASHIF830 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:52 pm

zahmed05 wrote:My wife applied on 10th May and received the approval letter today.

The letter is dated 8th August and I was wondering why it was posted after 25 days :)
Hi Ahmed

My wife also got approval as I applied before her I applied 23rd May and She applied on 26th May . She got letter on 27th August dated 19th August.

Thanks

Noetic
Member of Standing

Post by Noetic » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:59 am

KASHIF830 wrote:She got letter on 27th August dated 19th August.
Same here, they must have a big tray for everything approved on a certain day and it sits there for a good while before being posted.

arc321
Newly Registered

Post by arc321 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:11 pm

Yep..must be the case..

Interestingly (and well, thankfully), I received a text message from HM Passport Office that says things to the effect of 'your new passport should arrive within a few working days. We will send your supporting docs separately'.

I take it as some kind of processing happening on the passport side of things. Has any one received this message? What do I infer from this?

Thanks.

Noetic
Member of Standing

Post by Noetic » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:22 pm

arc321 wrote:Yep..must be the case..

Interestingly (and well, thankfully), I received a text message from HM Passport Office that says things to the effect of 'your new passport should arrive within a few working days. We will send your supporting docs separately'.

I take it as some kind of processing happening on the passport side of things. Has any one received this message? What do I infer from this?

Thanks.
Considering they are only allowed to proceed with the passport once you have had your ceremony that's a bit odd!

arc321
Newly Registered

Post by arc321 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:44 pm

Noetic wrote:
arc321 wrote:Yep..must be the case..

Thanks.
Considering they are only allowed to proceed with the passport once you have had your ceremony that's a bit odd!
Well, it turns out that was for my son's passport (MN1 applicant)!!! His passport arrived today, albeit the registration certificate has yet to (which I hope will follow soon along with us parents' approvals).

But, on his BRP, do I return it to HO or do I wait for the registration certificate to arrive? Any suggestions?

arc321
Newly Registered

Post by arc321 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:23 pm

Specific question - My son got his Passport yesterday (MN1 applicant), but not his registration certificate. What do I do with his BRP?

1. Do I send it back to HO for safe disposal without waiting for the Reg certificate?
2. Do I wait till the arrival of Reg. Certificate and only then send i?

I do not want to fall foul of the 'return within 5 day period' stipulation. The application form definitely says within 5 days of the Reg. certificate.

Moderators, Members of Standing, Other knowledgeable forum users - I'd be grateful for your quick advice.

Thanks.

nill5
Newly Registered

Post by nill5 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:16 pm

Did you guys receive approval? I think we all applied around same time in May, having looked at the timeline for May 16, seems like most of the people received a response. I am also still waiting...