ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 (General) CoS - Still Under Review - anyone else?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

timbo88
Newly Registered

Tier 2 (General) CoS - Still Under Review - anyone else?

Post by timbo88 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:36 pm

Hi all,

So my company submitted my application for a Restricted Certificate of Sponsorship on July 7, 2016. Unfortunately we just missed the July allocation deadline; however, we got everything across with plenty of time and well in advance for the August allocation, which had a cut-off of August 5 and allocation meeting was August 11, 2016.

Unfortunately I didn't get it approved on August 11 or the days immediately after and nearly two weeks later, my application is still "Under Review". Is this a good or bad thing based on experience of this collective?

My question is: how long can an application be "Under Review" and are there timeframes they need to abide by? It's been nearly two weeks and we've heard nothing from the Home Office.

Anyone with any ideas of what timeframe to expect would be great. I just want to get an idea of how long
i'll be waiting on an answer.

Cheers,

Timbo

williampereira0906
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 (General) CoS - Still Under Review - anyone else?

Post by williampereira0906 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:47 pm

Hello,

Loads of people are having this problem (me as well). Please see link below.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 14558.html

Will

timbo88
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 (General) CoS - Still Under Review - anyone else?

Post by timbo88 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:53 pm

williampereira0906 wrote:Hello,

Loads of people are having this problem (me as well). Please see link below.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 14558.html

Will
Appreciate your response. My question was, however, does the Home Office have a specific timeframe they need to work with for applications? For example, if you applied for the August allocation, they
home office has to let you know by the end of the month or at least communicate to you if they need further information or want to interview you.

Be good to hear anyone else's stories of what info they've got out of the Home Office in relation to their applications.