ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Tier 2 Refusal and Next Step

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kevinle
Newly Registered

UK Tier 2 Refusal and Next Step

Post by kevinle » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:39 pm

Hi all,

A bit of back ground: I'm apply for the same job in the same company for another three years under Tier 2.

So I recently got refused because I have not meet the minimum salary requirement for the job. In light of this, my employer has since increased my salary to meet the requirement. And my employer would very much like to apply via Priority Service. The CoS expires on the 13th Oct this year.

I also plan to go on holiday out of the UK from 3rd Sep to 17th Sep 2016. My current Tier 2 visa expires on 15 Oct 2016.

I would very much appreciate if you guys could help with the following questions:
1 - Is it still be ok for me to go on my holiday and come back to apply? Or I would have to cancel my holiday and get on with the application?
2 - Does it mean that I have to do the Priority Service application and pay the ~£850 again ?
3 - Do I have to pay the Health Insurance Fee again?

Thanks, Kev

naval1234
Mood:
India

Re: UK Tier 2 Refusal and Next Step

Post by naval1234 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:05 am

Hi Kev,

1. I would advise that you apply for your visa first. Although they should allow you to come back, but given the fact that you were refused a visa recently might ring alarm bells somewhere. I Understand you might lose some money and fun by not going for your holiday but you need to weigh whats more important for you. That would be my suggestion.

2. Yes you will have to get another appointment and pay whatever money is required for the appointment.

3. Your old healthcare surcharge would be refunded but cant remember how long it takes. You will have to pay the surcharge again with this new application.

Regards