ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surinder Singh route - Mention new job in UK?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mattk1
Newly Registered

Surinder Singh route - Mention new job in UK?

Post by mattk1 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:52 pm

Hey everyone,

Just a quick one:

I have been living and working in Spain for the past 5 months with my non EEA wife and we did intend to stay a bit longer. However I have been offered a much higher paying job back in the UK so I handed in my notice to my current employer last month and are due to go back to UK in a couple of weeks.

My question is, when applying for UKRC in UK, should I mention the reason I left my job in Spain is because I was offered this higher salary job in UK?

I'm worried they may use that against me, i.e. why leave my job is Spain after a short period in employment.

Thanks in advance for any advice here.

noajthan

Re: Surinder Singh route - Mention new job in UK?

Post by noajthan » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:57 pm

All that is required is to show you are a qualified person as a worker.
Its not "This is your Life".

You still have to have passed centre of life test ofcourse.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:34 pm

And if you still in abroad how come you are applying for EEA(FM)?

You mention that here too:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... l#p1385691

- its too early if you are not in UK yet.

Or are you actually applying for a FP?

mattk1
Newly Registered

Post by mattk1 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:14 pm

Hi noajthan,

Thank you for your reply.

We aren't quite in the UK yet but will be next month. My kids and I are British citizens and so have British passports, but my wife will enter using her Article 10 Family member residence card (all being well at the airport).

I may have confused matters if reading my other posts. Just going through the EEA(FM) form in advance so I can be sure I have all bases covered for when we apply for UKRC in the UK :D

Also does the fact that we have 2 young British kids hold a bit of weight for my wife's application? Surely the government wouldn't refuse my wife and separate her from her children, right?

Cheers again noajthan, you always reply and help so fast and it is hugely appreciated!

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:32 pm

mattk1 wrote:Hi noajthan,

Thank you for your reply.

We aren't quite in the UK yet but will be next month. My kids and I are British citizens and so have British passports, but my wife will enter using her Article 10 Family member residence card (all being well at the airport).

I may have confused matters if reading my other posts. Just going through the EEA(FM) form in advance so I can be sure I have all bases covered for when we apply for UKRC in the UK :D

Also does the fact that we have 2 young British kids hold a bit of weight for my wife's application? Surely the government wouldn't refuse my wife and separate her from her children, right?

Cheers again noajthan, you always reply and help so fast and it is hugely appreciated!
Family carries no weight.
Meet the requirements and HO has no choice but to issue the optional, merely confirmatory RC.

Did I mention rock-solid evidence is key.

And fyi RC is not a visa.
Application will focus on your sojourn in Spain.

And correction: you don't need to exercise treaty rights; (case law of Eind).