ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surinder Singh route - still have council property

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

goran.r58
Newly Registered

Surinder Singh route - still have council property

Post by goran.r58 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:08 am

Dear members
I am British citizen doing Surinder Singh route via Austria with my non eu wife, having my council property and bills on my name still in uk, make it any problem when we are going back to uk with just EEA RC and apply for Uk RC there.?
thanks

noajthan

Re: Surinder Singh route - still have council property

Post by noajthan » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:13 am

goran.r58 wrote:Dear members
I am British citizen doing Surinder Singh route via Austria with my non eu wife, having my council property and bills on my name still in uk, make it any problem when we are going back to uk with just EEA RC and apply for Uk RC there.?
thanks
Yes, possibly.
As you may fail the 'centre of life' test.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Surinder Singh route - still have council property

Post by Casa » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:54 am

You also have no right to retain your Council house when you are no longer living in the UK! Your local Housing Authority may well carry out a fraud investigation.
Do you claim any Housing Benefit?
Is there anyone currently living in the property?

Regarding Surinder Singh, you can't claim to be living in two EU states. Cross-checks will be carried out.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.