ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No PR date, how to reach HO?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aderitopessoa
Newly Registered

No PR date, how to reach HO?

Post by aderitopessoa » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:29 am

I booked an appointment to apply for British Citizenship at Westminster Council (JCAP service), when they try to confirm my settled date with the Home Office they told the date has been left as "unknown", since I have been in the UK since 01/04/2008 and provided evidence since that date I was expecting the date 01/04/2013 to be shown there as the date I was regarded as settled (acquired PR). I been told there was an error with the data HO holds and that I should contact HO to rectify this before I was could proceed with my Naturalisation process.

I phoned UKVI (0300 123 2241), been told that I should contact the EEA line at (0300 123 2253) and was told to phone UKVI again or send an email to BRCerror@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk, the UKVI help line told me that I would need to wait 12 months from the date printed on my PRC (07/07/2016) regardless if I provided evidence of being in the UK for 8 years or even if I was here 20 years.

I tried to email BRCerror@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk but got an automated reply stating: "If you are not responding to an e-mail we sent to you we will delete your message without reading it. You will then need to seek help somewhere else. ".

I can't seem to be able to reach anyone that can assist. Does anyone has a contact phone\email\post which I can use to get my case heard?

Many thanks for your help.

Best regards,
Aderito

secret.simon

Re: No PR date, how to reach HO?

Post by secret.simon » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:42 am

When you applied for PR, what proof of exercising treaty rights did you submit and what were the dates of the relevant proof?

Experience on these forums suggest that the Home Office phone lines are not the best form of contacting the Home Office.

You could try nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk & furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk as well.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

aderitopessoa
Newly Registered

Post by aderitopessoa » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:55 am

secret.simon wrote:When you applied for PR, what proof of exercising treaty rights did you submit and what were the dates of the relevant proof?

Experience on these forums suggest that the Home Office phone lines are not the best form of contacting the Home Office.

You could try nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk & furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk as well.
Hi secret.simon, thanks for replying, I provided P60, letter from employer, Council tax bills, tennancy contracts. The PRC was issued withou any issues but it seems that the PR date has been left blank.

Sould send my case number to the 2 provided email? Many thanks.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:58 am

aderitopessoa wrote:I provided P60, letter from employer, Council tax bills, tennancy contracts.
Which periods did you submit the proof for? Were all documents provided for the same period or for overlapping periods?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

aderitopessoa
Newly Registered

Post by aderitopessoa » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:03 am

secret.simon wrote:
aderitopessoa wrote:I provided P60, letter from employer, Council tax bills, tennancy contracts.
Which periods did you submit the proof for? Were all documents provided for the same period or for overlapping periods?
Sent 7 P60 one for each of the year from 2008-2015 plus some payslips for the last year as I had no P60 in March yet, 8 council tax bills from 2008-2016, and 4 tennancy agreements spanning 01/04/2008 to 2016. The guy from HO said to the Council guy this was the first time he saw the PR date being left blank and thinks there was an error from the caseworker :(.

Noetic
Member of Standing

Post by Noetic » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:25 am

I'm the same as per my SAR, although as my PR document was issued in 2014 NCS said to go ahead anyway. I submitted employer letters and P60s covering 2001 (although I was on a spouse visa initially and only started PR clock in 2002 when Swiss bilaterals kicked in) to 2014 and ended up with "Unknown" in the field for date attained PR.

aderitopessoa
Newly Registered

Post by aderitopessoa » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:39 am

Noetic wrote:I'm the same as per my SAR, although as my PR document was issued in 2014 NCS said to go ahead anyway. I submitted employer letters and P60s covering 2001 (although I was on a spouse visa initially and only started PR clock in 2002 when Swiss bilaterals kicked in) to 2014 and ended up with "Unknown" in the field for date attained PR.
I been told I won't be able to submit mine unless this is fixed first. And been told if I do sumit I will ose my fees :(. Really bad situation to be in.

aderitopessoa
Newly Registered

Post by aderitopessoa » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:55 am

secret.simon wrote:When you applied for PR, what proof of exercising treaty rights did you submit and what were the dates of the relevant proof?

Dear Secret.Simon do you think I should include personal information (name, phone, dob, address) or just the case number when emailing thos 2 email addresses?

Federal

Post by Federal » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:05 am

A horrible situation to be in (and makes me worried that it could be the case that my PR date hasn't been recorded, even though I didn't think that were possible).

I think you should get your MP involved. They will be able to assist through their enquiry points to UKVI, something that we are not allowed to do as members of the public.

In my experience, every email and phonecall I ever made to UKVI, ended up in complete misinformation.

Good luck.

Noetic
Member of Standing

Post by Noetic » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:13 pm

aderitopessoa wrote: I been told I won't be able to submit mine unless this is fixed first. And been told if I do sumit I will ose my fees :(. Really bad situation to be in.
You've got me worried now...

When was your DCPR issued?

aderitopessoa
Newly Registered

Post by aderitopessoa » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:31 pm

Noetic wrote:
aderitopessoa wrote: I been told I won't be able to submit mine unless this is fixed first. And been told if I do sumit I will ose my fees :(. Really bad situation to be in.
You've got me worried now...

When was your DCPR issued?
Hi Noetic, my PRC was issued on 07/07/2016. I think this might not be acommon issue as the guy from HO that spoke with the Council officer has told him this was the first time he have seen "unknown" as the settled PR date.

Noetic
Member of Standing

Post by Noetic » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:45 pm

aderitopessoa wrote:
Hi Noetic, my PRC was issued on 07/07/2016. I think this might not be acommon issue as the guy from HO that spoke with the Council officer has told him this was the first time he have seen "unknown" as the settled PR date.
Well you and me both.

Sorry re-reading the thread you did mention the date!

I guess it's sometimes the case when you submit information for a very long period where it's obvious you've attained PR in the past but maybe case worker doesn't want to put an exact date on it.

Thankfully my document was issued 2 years ago so NCS was ok with that but I'm still worried as several things brought up by the SAR documents have shown me that case workers have got things very wrong indeed over the years (eg I was here as a student, then got married and returned on a spouse visa, but in the notes for my application for settlement - which got a residence card issued as Swiss citizens now qualified for the EEA route - the case worker babbled something about me having arrived on an EEA family permit which isn't correct at all) and I'm rather worried that some silly mistake by the HO in the past has jeopardised my citizenship application now.

Noetic
Member of Standing

Post by Noetic » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:59 pm

Ok have now been approved showing that the UNKNOWN status of PR date isn't in itself a hindrance. I do hope you get this sorted out - so silly not to at least include the information on the letter you get with your PR document. Having it included would hopefully flag this up when generating the letters!

aderitopessoa
Newly Registered

Post by aderitopessoa » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:05 pm

Noetic wrote:Ok have now been approved showing that the UNKNOWN status of PR date isn't in itself a hindrance. I do hope you get this sorted out - so silly not to at least include the information on the letter you get with your PR document. Having it included would hopefully flag this up when generating the letters!
Good to know you have been approved Noetic. I hope I get this sorted soon too.

Noetic
Member of Standing

Post by Noetic » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:19 pm

Let us know how you get on - I understand why they want DCPR document for naturalisation (makes those applications the same to process as UK immigration route as you don't submit 5 years of evidence for EEA applications) but there is so so much about how PR applications are handled that seems awkward / difficult (an NCS option for PR applications would be so useful, saving people sending all those important documents in the post!) and the lack of PR date without doing a Subject Access Request...

aderitopessoa
Newly Registered

Post by aderitopessoa » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:54 am

Noetic wrote:Let us know how you get on - I understand why they want DCPR document for naturalisation (makes those applications the same to process as UK immigration route as you don't submit 5 years of evidence for EEA applications) but there is so so much about how PR applications are handled that seems awkward / difficult (an NCS option for PR applications would be so useful, saving people sending all those important documents in the post!) and the lack of PR date without doing a Subject Access Request...
Hi Noetic, my application has gone today. I got a response from HO 2 days after I have submited a request to my local MP (never expected they could be so efficient). It seems that the date of settlement was there all along but the guy on the HO migt have looked in the wrong field.

Fingers cross the caseworker is able to identify the correct field.

All the best for you Guys and thank you for your help.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:16 pm

Congrats, Noetic, on your naturalisation. With both a Swexit and a Brexit on the horizon, I am sure this helps reduce tension about the direction of life.
Noetic wrote:an NCS option for PR applications would be so useful, saving people sending all those important documents in the post!
Just as an FYI, if you were applying under the UK Immigration Rules, there is an option of premium service and even super-premium service where you can book an appointment with a HO caseworker and they would most likely (though not guaranteed) give you a decision on the same day.

But these services cost £500 upwards per application. And that is in addition to the the thousands of pounds sterling per application that applications under the UK Immigration Rules already cost.

By EU law, the UK can not charge more to EEA citizens than the equivalent application made by a British citizen. The comparitor taken by the UK is a British passport (that being the only application that a British citizen by birth would have to make) and so the UK can not charge more than the cost of a British passport. Hence, the premium and super-premium services are not available to EEA citizens.

As an aside, I was reading online that Switzerland typically takes an average of 20 months to approve naturalisation applications, unless you are married to a Swiss national, in which case it is 8 months.

Noetic
Member of Standing

Post by Noetic » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:38 pm

aderitopessoa wrote:
Hi Noetic, my application has gone today. I got a response from HO 2 days after I have submited a request to my local MP (never expected they could be so efficient). It seems that the date of settlement was there all along but the guy on the HO migt have looked in the wrong field.
Excellent. Yes mine was UNKNOWN on the page where they discussed my PR application but I had a feeling there was probably a dedicated field somewhere in the system.

Fingers crossed for you :)

Noetic
Member of Standing

Post by Noetic » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:41 pm

secret.simon wrote:Congrats, Noetic, on your naturalisation. With both a Swexit and a Brexit on the horizon, I am sure this helps reduce tension about the direction of life.
Indeed.

I had heard of the premium service for ILR applications, if you can afford it it's surely peace of mind to get a quick decision and not have to send off important documents for a long time.

Switzerland has rather strict rules about naturalisation, including some local communities voting on applicants, and having to have lived in the council you apply in for X amount of years.

Star30

Post by Star30 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:43 pm

Apply for SAR to get the recorded dates