ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Laminated registration certificate

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Newly Registered

Laminated registration certificate

Post by 1234678 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:03 am

I got my registration certificate and I laminated it straight away but when we applied for child's first passport they returned the application because of laminated registration certificate and they asked to send them unlamented registration certificate , we tried to take off the lamination but it was damaging the certificate so we stopped , we called the passport office and told them about it at first they said that you need to buy a duplicate and it does take months to come because there is no limited time of it but at the last when we said we need to travel so they told us that you can only send the letter explains the lamination. Will it work because I am really upset about it as I need to travel but on their website it says that they must not accept an laminated registration certificate.

Please help me out :(

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Laminated registration certificate

Post by Casa » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:09 am

You can only do what's already been suggested, but there are no guarantees that your letter of explanation with the laminated certificate will be accepted.
I would order and pay for another in the meantime while you're waiting for a decision.

For future reference, no official documents will be accepted if they have been laminated as they can't be verified for validity.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:17 am

I cannot understand why there doesn't appear to be a falcility for the HM Passport Office to get verification from the Home Office's citizenship department?

Try the letter or a professional delaminter.

In the meantime, as Casa suggested, get a replacement.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:51 am

I'm pretty sure it says with the documents you get with the certificate that you should not laminate it. When I was talking to the HMPO rep at my citizenship ceremony I mentioned laminating mine and she said ABSOLUTELY DO NOT DO THAT as it won't be accepted by the passport office.

Newly Registered

Post by 1234678 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:35 pm

Can anyone please tell the time it takes for the duplicate registration certificate if I apply it in emergency and how can I apply it in emergency , as I need to travel back home as soon as possible :|

Thanks a lot

Newly Registered

Post by 1234678 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:24 pm

Please help me :( :cry:

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:02 am

It's been five days since your initial query.

Obviously, the quicker you start the passport and certificate replacement applications, the sooner they will respond.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

wen3
Newly Registered

Post by wen3 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:58 pm

Hi, did VSF accept your laminated certs? I am facing the same issue and my certs cost a lot to be re-purchased unfortunately

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:16 pm

wen3 wrote:Hi, did VSF accept your laminated certs? I am facing the same issue and my certs cost a lot to be re-purchased unfortunately
This is about the passport office within the UK not applying abroad using VSF. Please start your own topic rather than digging up topics that are a year old.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.