ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-2 ICT Query

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anivijay
Newly Registered
India

Tier-2 ICT Query

Post by anivijay » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:00 pm

Hi,
I have a query on Tier-2 ICT.

I am finishing my long term ICT (5years) this year. My wife is on Tier-2 general. So, I am planning to apply for Tier-2 general Dependant.

However, my employer has told me that when my ICT visa expires, I have to move back to India and my UK salary will cease.

My query is that during the 1 year cooling off period, I will take work from home option for few months and work from UK as I will have Tier-2 general Dependant visa. Will that create any issues if my employer process ICT again after 1 year cooling off?

Thanks
Vijay

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier-2 ICT Query

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:25 pm

You can't apply for an ICT visa after cooling off period if you work in the UK. For ICT, you have to work in home country for 12 months to qualify.

You can only apply for a tier 2 General if you meet all the requirements.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

anivijay
Newly Registered
India

Post by anivijay » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:43 pm

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.

While I work from UK, I won't get salary in UK. I'll get only Indian salary. Am I still not eligible after 1 year?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:28 pm

No, you have to work IN home country for 12 months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

anivijay
Newly Registered
India

Post by anivijay » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:13 am

Thanks for the reply.

Just one more question. I will convert my visa as T2G dependent and leave back to India for a year and I am planning to come back after a year in Tier 2 ICT through the same employer. My wife will continue her job in T2G . Can I visit UK in this 1 year period( for a week or two) as I will be having PBS dependent visa? Would that affect my cooling off?

Could you please clarify?

Thanks
Vijay

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:09 pm

anivijay wrote:Thanks for the reply.

Just one more question. I will convert my visa as T2G dependent and leave back to India for a year and I am planning to come back after a year in Tier 2 ICT through the same employer. My wife will continue her job in T2G . Can I visit UK in this 1 year period( for a week or two) as I will be having PBS dependent visa? Would that affect my cooling off?

Could you please clarify?

Thanks
Vijay
Offcourse you can. I don't quite understand the need to return, though. If you have converted to Tier 2 General Dependant, you can continue working for your employer in the UK without having to serve cool-off.

So are you just returning because you want to stay with your current employer in your home country?

anivijay
Newly Registered
India

Post by anivijay » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:59 pm

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. My current employer doesn't allow me to work in dependent visa. That's the reason.

Thanks
Vijay

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:56 pm

So you want to stay in home country for 12 months but want to pay the visa fee and immigration health surcharge for a PBS dependent visa just for visits to the UK!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)