ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extention Interview

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cappachino
Member of Standing

Extention Interview

Post by cappachino » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:36 am

I am trying to understand why some are called for an interview and some are not. Basically what triggers the route to an interview.
Following is a list of possible reasons I could see (this is my observation only)
1.Business in a loss
2. Consultancy business
3. Toiec
4. Not following the business plan submitted originally (came to open a pizza franchise ended up with an eBay set up)
5. All those who were called for an interview initially the chances of them being called again are high.
As I said this is my guess.
What do you guys think?

noajthan

Re: Extention Interview

Post by noajthan » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:08 am

Its clearly to establish or reestablish credibility and to determine visa compliance.

Ref https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ur-v17.pdf
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:29 am

No one knows why someone will be asked for an interview. HO possibly does a risk assessment on every application and ask higher risk applicants for an interview. It is usually to establish that you are a genuine entrepreneur (quite subjective) and you are following the rules.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

regularuser
India

Post by regularuser » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:11 am

Agree with noajthan.

Not quite agree with cappachino, (Don't take it as personally)

I was called for interview, never called on initial visa and i'm on 200k

1.Business in a loss - My business is in profit for last 3 years.

2. Consultancy business - Retail Store

3. Toiec - UK Naric

4. Not following the business plan submitted originally - Never submitted business plan (Not required when apply)

5. All those who were called for an interview initially the chances of them being called again are high - Never called initially

I guess its all depends on case worker as we seen few people got visa but in this forum almost everyone called for interview.

cappachino
Member of Standing

Post by cappachino » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:09 pm

regularuser wrote:Agree with noajthan.

Not quite agree with cappachino, (Don't take it as personally)

I was called for interview, never called on initial visa and i'm on 200k

1.Business in a loss - My business is in profit for last 3 years.

2. Consultancy business - Retail Store

3. Toiec - UK Naric

4. Not following the business plan submitted originally - Never submitted business plan (Not required when apply)

5. All those who were called for an interview initially the chances of them being called again are high - Never called initially

I guess its all depends on case worker as we seen few people got visa but in this forum almost everyone called for interview.
So what degree did you use and from which university to prove your English proficiency. Maybe that is what has triggered the interview in your case.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:29 pm

There is little point speculating why any particular individual has an interview; the cw is not going to blab.

This topic will degenerate rapidly if it turns into another "have you had a letter; when's your interview; any decision yet"-type of thread.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Mrchaany

Post by Mrchaany » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:26 pm

I will also jump, UKVI have had not only conducting entrepreneurs extension interviews, every immigrants can be invite to attend interview, such as students, all tier 1 general (ILR) (enterprenual), 10 years long residency (ILR), settle visa, all tier 2, etc.
Well, their is no speculation about weak or strong application but it ukvi to whom they concern, home office is very competent and powerfull organisation.

Regards
Ik
Strong commitment, extreme faith and honesty will recognize your existence.

cappachino
Member of Standing

Post by cappachino » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:46 am

Business2business wrote:I will also jump, UKVI have had not only conducting entrepreneurs extension interviews, every immigrants can be invite to attend interview, such as students, all tier 1 general (ILR) (enterprenual), 10 years long residency (ILR), settle visa, all tier 2, etc.
Well, their is no speculation about weak or strong application but it ukvi to whom they concern, home office is very competent and powerfull organisation.

Regards
Ik
You have a bad habit of jumping.
And to top it all your comments are not coherent and have no link to what the post is about. Please refrain from jumping.

Mrchaany

Post by Mrchaany » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:05 am

When there is action there is reaction as well,
I thought, that am in regardless your thinking,
Simultaneously, I am indulged, and have to be that you created posting about interviews, I believe you are scared from UkVI, be confident and depend your application.
Well, Nothing wrong in your application but only positive thinking can lead your to success or wise negative thinking can lead to stress and anoxity.

Regards
Ik
Strong commitment, extreme faith and honesty will recognize your existence.