ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa - New Job in the UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ShanghaiStu
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa - New Job in the UK

Post by ShanghaiStu » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:34 pm

Dear all,

I am a UK national who has been living overseas for 7 years and will return to the UK later this year with a new job in a new organisation. My wife will come to join me in the UK as will be applying in China though is a 3rd country national. I hope she can join me ASAP but have a couple of issues outlined below.

I have been employed under local contracts while working abroad and as such have no P60, UK payslips etc and have not yet sourced accommodation.

The advice I would be very grateful for is:
1) Would payslips from my employer in China be sufficient, and if so how many months and would these need to be notarised?
2) Would my parents be able to provide the accommodation evidence while I am searching for permanent accommodation?

Many thanks in advance!

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa - New Job in the UK

Post by Casa » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:55 pm

In order for your wife to qualify for a spouse visa under the minimum income rule, you will need to comply with the following:

Either:
1. Return to the UK ahead of your wife and after 6 months of employment @ an annual salary of £18,600 (pro-rata) submit the Spouse Settlement visa for your wife to join you. 6 months payslips + the 6 months corresponding bank statements.

OR

2. Submit documented evidence of earnings of at least £18,600 in China for the 12 month period prior to applying for your wife's settlement visa AND evidence of a confirmed job offer to start within 3 months of arrival in the UK, again with a salary of £18,600 p.a

OR

3. Without income, £62,500 in savings held in an accessible account for a minimum of 6 months.

Your family can provide accommodation as long as it is considered 'adequate'.

I've assumed that your wife isn't currently in China as a visitor.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ShanghaiStu
Newly Registered

Post by ShanghaiStu » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:09 pm

Hi Casa, many thanks for the swift response! I should be able to apply under the second conditions I meet the income requirements in both China and UK. My wife has a residence permit for China so she should be ok on that front.

Do photos as evidence of the relationship need to be dated?

Many thanks!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:19 pm

I wouldn't be concerned about dated photos, a selection over a period of time should give an indication. You will however have to submit documented evidence of the relationship...including a officially translated copy of the marriage certificate + the original (or a legally certified copy), and proof you've been living together etc.

For the accommodation provided by your family:
If rented, submit a letter from the landlord agreeing to you and your wife living there.
If mortgaged, a copy of the mortgage agreement
If owned outright, a copy of the title deeds.

Bear in mind that your wife will have to meet the English language requirements. If she has a degree taught in English (outside of the UK) she will need a NARIC English Language Assessment (ELA).

If not, she will have to pass an A1 level English test from an UKVI approved test provider.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... entres.pdf

In addition to the visa fee, you will also have to pay the NHS surcharge of £600 online before submitting the application.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ShanghaiStu
Newly Registered

Post by ShanghaiStu » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:11 pm

Thanks again, IELTS test is booked so hopefully will have that soon. We haven't got utility bills etc as evidence but have both names on our apartment lease and temporary residence documents from the Chinese police as evidence that we are resident at the same address - hope that will be sufficient!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:15 pm

Should be fine. Include photos of wedding.
(Casa, not CR001)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:43 pm

What's A1 English level equals to ielts for spouse visa. For spouse visa from abroad A1/A2 level need?
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:18 pm

A1 level for entry, A2 level later on in 2.5 years time for FLR(M) extension. (As the Rules stand at present).
(Casa, not CR001)