ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Information re: NCS

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Nzshay

Information re: NCS

Post by Nzshay » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:07 pm

Hi there,

I am a bit confused... Can I use the NCS service for 3 applications for naturalisation, 2 applications for registration and 5 applications for passports at the same appointment? Will this confuse the Home Office if we do this. Do we lose any of our documents or will these all be returned as they have been considered as sighted. If we go via the NCS pathway and then wish to travel post application but prior to being granted citizenship and passports, can we do this?

Silly questions, but I find the whole process quite confusing...

noajthan

Re: Information re: NCS

Post by noajthan » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:09 pm

Nzshay wrote:Hi there,

I am a bit confused... Can I use the NCS service for 3 applications for naturalisation, 2 applications for registration and 5 applications for passports at the same appointment? Will this confuse the Home Office if we do this. Do we lose any of our documents or will these all be returned as they have been considered as sighted. If we go via the NCS pathway and then wish to travel post application but prior to being granted citizenship and passports, can we do this?

Silly questions, but I find the whole process quite confusing...
Go for it.
No.
No/yes.
Yes.
Good questions.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Nzshay

Post by Nzshay » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:18 pm

OK. Thanks for that.

No/yes to the document question. Can you clarify what original documents they NCS need to send off?

This forum has been so helpful. Thanks everyone.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:20 pm

The NCS won't send any original documents. They will take copies and return the originals to you during the appointment.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:23 pm

You may lose ownership of the LITUK document (and not see it again).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Nzshay

Post by Nzshay » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:27 pm

That is fantastic. So they check all the documents, passports and BRP's and send off photocopies and we keep the originals. They check and send off the application and then all we have to do is wait, and as we have our passports and BRP's, if I need to travel for work then I can.

Thanks Noajthan and Casa.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:32 pm

Nzshay wrote:That is fantastic. So they check all the documents, passports and BRP's and send off photocopies and we keep the originals. They check and send off the application and then all we have to do is wait, and as we have our passports and BRP's, if I need to travel for work then I can.

Thanks Noajthan and Casa.
Sorted :wink:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Nzshay

Post by Nzshay » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:33 pm

noajthan wrote:You may lose ownership of the LITUK document (and not see it again).

I think I can live without that... I'll just make sure to take a copy....

:lol:

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:09 pm

Nzshay wrote:
noajthan wrote:You may lose ownership of the LITUK document (and not see it again).

I think I can live without that... I'll just make sure to take a copy....

:lol:
NCS will give you a copy and send the original off. If your application is unsuccessful, you will get the original back.