ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(LR) 10 year ILR requirements

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cyborg001

SET(LR) 10 year ILR requirements

Post by cyborg001 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:07 pm

Hi all,

I have been reading the posts and stories and have some questions regarding my own SET(LR) ILR application.

I have completed by 10 years of legal residence last week, meet KoLL requirements and am preparing my postal application. I am confused whether I need to declare any tax or marriage related information for my application which I think should be straightforward?

My immigration history:
  • Aug 2006 - Oct 2009 on student visa (entry clearance)
    Oct 2009 - Feb 2010 student visa extension
    Feb 2010 PSW issued until 2012
    In June 2011 switched to Tier 2 Gen
    In June 2014 changed employment and switched the Tier 2 Gen
    Unemployed Jan - Mar 2016 but no curtailment to Tier 2 received - currently employed
    In Feb 2016 went on to Spouse SET(M) FLR valid until 2018 as married my British citizen wife
So apart from the application form, 2 pictures, current and old passport, KoLL (UK university degree and Life in UK pass certificate) do I need to send any additional documents related to work or relationship? Can there by any complication based on employment/taxes etc or a speeding fine in Spain? I was always a PAYE employee.

Thanks! :)

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: SET(LR) 10 year ILR requirements

Post by physicskate » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:11 pm

cyborg001 wrote:Hi all,

I have been reading the posts and stories and have some questions regarding my own SET(LR) ILR application.

I have completed by 10 years of legal residence last week, meet KoLL requirements and am preparing my postal application. I am confused whether I need to declare any tax or marriage related information for my application which I think should be straightforward?

My immigration history:
  • Aug 2006 - Oct 2009 on student visa (entry clearance)
    Oct 2009 - Feb 2010 student visa extension
    Feb 2010 PSW issued until 2012
    In June 2011 switched to Tier 2 Gen
    In June 2014 changed employment and switched the Tier 2 Gen
    Unemployed Jan - Mar 2016 but no curtailment to Tier 2 received - currently employed
    In Feb 2016 went on to Spouse SET(M) FLR valid until 2018 as married my British citizen wife
So apart from the application form, 2 pictures, current and old passport, KoLL (UK university degree and Life in UK pass certificate) do I need to send any additional documents related to work or relationship? Can there by any complication based on employment/taxes etc or a speeding fine in Spain? I was always a PAYE employee.

Thanks! :)
I applied for SET LR in December with a similar immigration history (including gap in employment, but not FLR(M)). I did not supply any tax or employment info and was granted at the same day appointment.

If applying in person, it would not hurt to have additional documentation on you, should you need to answer any questions.