ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Death in family_passport needed urgently

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

eman4730
Newly Registered

Death in family_passport needed urgently

Post by eman4730 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:52 pm

Dear Sir/Madam,

My nephew died unexpectedly 27th August 2016. I will need my passport in order to get to the funeral in the Czech Republic which I still have not received back after I have applied for Permanent residence card. I have no longer Czech ID that I could use instead because my permanent address is here in the UK.

Could you please let me know who do I need to contact so that I can receive my passport back as soon as possible?

Best Wishes

Eva Mandri

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Death in family_passport needed urgently

Post by Casa » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:01 pm

Sorry for your loss.

Here's a link to the online form you need to complete, but realistically you're probably looking at a 10 day wait to receive the passport and even this isn't guaranteed.

https://www.gov.uk/visa-documents-returned
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Death in family_passport needed urgently

Post by ohara » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:48 am

Consider applying to the Czech embassy for an emergency passport if they issue them.