ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Uncertain about the 10 Years Work History

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

viganooriah

Uncertain about the 10 Years Work History

Post by viganooriah » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:03 pm

Hello all and Seniors,

I hope that someone can help me with my query.
I'm arrived in UK in 2004 on Student visa, then changed to Dependant visa in 2007 until I got my ILR in January 2015 . Never overstayed nor did I Enter illegally. I am now eligible for Citizenship.
My question : in 2010, because of my Wife's (now British citizen) course's, I lost the right to work but got in back in 2011. But due to obvious reasons, I kept on working but by the Grace of God was never caught.
I am eligible to apply for the citizenship but due to the 10 years work history, I'm scared to apply.
The solicitor that we've been using for years has said I could apply, but knowing solicitors, all they care about is their fees.
I would really appreciate your honest opinion and advise.
Thank you
V

Abc499

Re: Uncertain about the 10 Years Work History

Post by Abc499 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:13 pm

Seniors will be able to comment more clearly, but the way HO are concern about last 10Y employment history now, I think it is very highly likely that they will trace it.

tiredoftiers

Post by tiredoftiers » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:38 am

complying with the requirement you'd have to enter employment history that will cover the time you were working having no right to work. you cant lie and tell that you were not working when you were because it will pop up through checks NI contribution and tax

sorry do not mind but if you lie about it or tell about it either way its 10 years ban, because you would sign the declaration that the information in the form in true to the best of your knowledge which would not be

you appear to have established a family life, getting caught on this you risk your ILR and fee that I can suggest wait few more years till your working history of that time go behind 10 years and then apply

viganooriah

Post by viganooriah » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:36 am

Thank you both for your reply.
V

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:21 am

viganooriah wrote:Hello all and Seniors,

I lost the right to work but got in back in 2011. But due to obvious reasons, I kept on working but by the Grace of God was never caught.
The wheel of immigration karma will turn eventually.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.