ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for passport - online or via PO ?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sme01

Applying for passport - online or via PO ?

Post by sme01 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:48 pm

Hi,
I need to apply for passport after naturalization. can someone please advise what would be the best and quickest way to apply, should i apply online or use printed form and send via post office ?
also from where i can download the form?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applying for passport - online or via PO ?

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:00 pm

It takes the same amount of time. One is not quicker than the other.

You cannot download the form. You need to pick it up at a PO.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:02 pm

sme01 wrote:Hi,
I need to apply for passport after naturalization. can someone please advise what would be the best and quickest way to apply, should i apply online or use printed form and send via post office ?
also from where i can download the form?

Thanks
Simple. Google is your friend. :idea:

https://www.gov.uk/apply-first-adult-pa ... a-passport

There is no speedier option. You'll also have to attend an interview before the passport is issued.

Note: you can’t use the Passport Check and Send service if you fill in the form online
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:26 am

You can't download the passport application form, you can only get it from the post office.

If you apply online, at the end you print out the declaration which you have to sign and post to HMPO along with your other documents.

A lot of people use check & send at the post office for the extra fee to make sure their application is correct, but to be honest as a naturalised citizen the application is very easy. I did it online and didn't mess it up.

sme01

Post by sme01 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:24 am

thanks guys for your reply, I've heard that on online form there is no question about your parents but later they ask you to provide your parents details, is this correct ? could this delay the process ?

Thanks

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:13 am

You always need to provide parents details. Naturalised applicants do not need to provide grandparents details (the online form allows you to progress without completing that section).

Noetic
Member of Standing

Post by Noetic » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:32 am

The form I filled in and submitted via check & send yesterday doesn't even have a section for grandparents on it.