ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I use B1 Instead of A1 for FLR(M)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ix_m
Newly Registered

Can I use B1 Instead of A1 for FLR(M)

Post by ix_m » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:39 pm

hello

my wife is on indefinite leave to remain before that she was a student and i was her dependent, she applied for ILR on 10 years based and got it.

I was her dependent, and applied as her dependent when she was applying for ILR, mine got refused because i only been here for 4 years and 10 months and got right of appeal.

My question is I did B1 when she was applying for ILR and now i think i need A1 to apply for FLR(M). Problem is my passport is with HO. Can i apply for FLR(M) using B1 english language instead of A1.

Please your opinion will be highly appreciated.

Kind Regards
Ali

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Can I use B1 Instead of A1 for FLR(M)

Post by Casa » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:49 pm

Yes you can use your B1 level qualification.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ix_m
Newly Registered

Post by ix_m » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:15 pm

thank you, spoke to a lawyer today and he was saying i cannot... i though i could... many thanks for your reply

Tahakhan
Newly Registered

Post by Tahakhan » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:29 pm

H mate, don' use B1 in replacement of A1. I know one of my friend he did the same and got refused without appeal right, so all fee went into drain. UKBA is very prescriptive in their requirement so provide what is asked don't accept any sort of wise decision from them.

ix_m
Newly Registered

Post by ix_m » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:53 pm

Tahakhan wrote:H mate, don' use B1 in replacement of A1. I know one of my friend he did the same and got refused without appeal right, so all fee went into drain. UKBA is very prescriptive in their requirement so provide what is asked don't accept any sort of wise decision from them.
thank you Tahakhan, problem is my passport is with Home office and i think i am not allowed to use Drivers Licence... Please advice what i should do...

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:58 pm

Tahakhan wrote:H mate, don' use B1 in replacement of A1. I know one of my friend he did the same and got refused without appeal right, so all fee went into drain. UKBA is very prescriptive in their requirement so provide what is asked don't accept any sort of wise decision from them.
That doesn't make sense. B1 English is higher than A1 English.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ix_m
Newly Registered

Post by ix_m » Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:02 am

vinny wrote:
That doesn't make sense. B1 English is higher than A1 English.
I know VINNY, its just that i am completely confused, don't know what to do, is there any way of confirming it 100%.. every lawyer i speak to tells a different story..

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:18 am

Seems clear enough:
E-ECP.4.1 and E-LTRP.4.1 wrote:(b) have passed an English language test in speaking and listening at a minimum of level A1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages with a provider approved by the Secretary of State;
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

ix_m
Newly Registered

Post by ix_m » Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:36 am

vinny wrote:Seems clear enough:
E-ECP.4.1 and E-LTRP.4.1 wrote:(b) have passed an English language test in speaking and listening at a minimum of level A1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages with a provider approved by the Secretary of State;
Cant thank you enough Vinny, so you think i should be fine going ahead with B1

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:05 am

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:42 am

In fact many applicants choose to take B1 level (either for entry or extension) to save the cost & inconvenience of taking two separate tests.

From next month (Oct), A2 level English will be required for FLR(M) after the initial 2.5 year period. As far as I'm aware, the exact date hasn't been confirmed.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ix_m
Newly Registered

Post by ix_m » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:36 am

Casa wrote:In fact many applicants choose to take B1 level (either for entry or extension) to save the cost & inconvenience of taking two separate tests.

From next month (Oct), A2 level English will be required for FLR(M) after the initial 2.5 year period. As far as I'm aware, the exact date hasn't been confirmed.
Thank you for your reply Casa, and i am assuming, even still B1 is a higher Level test then A2...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:37 am

ix_m wrote:
Casa wrote:In fact many applicants choose to take B1 level (either for entry or extension) to save the cost & inconvenience of taking two separate tests.

Thank you for your reply Casa, and i am assuming, even still B1 is a higher Level test then A2...
Yes it is.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ix_m
Newly Registered

Post by ix_m » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:52 am

CR001 wrote:
ix_m wrote:

Yes it is.
thank you very much, i appreciate your reply and time

ix_m
Newly Registered

Can expired ielts test certificate be used for FLR(M) Applic

Post by ix_m » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:47 pm

Hi everyone,

I have two questions to ask, and would highly appreciate your reply.

Q1. Can i use B1 english language test instead of A1 english language test, to apply for FLR(M). I have already done B1 in January 2016, and it is higher level than A1 and my passport is currently with HO, as i applied for dependent with my wife ILR application, as expected it was refused because she got ILR on 10 years based and i have not completed 10 years so far. I got right to appeal in which i appealed and going to apply for FLR(M).

Q2. I passed my IELTS in Pakistan in May 2011, Results achieved were, Listening 6.0, Reading 4.5, Writing 6.0, Speaking 6.0 and Overall Band Score 5.5. I used this certificate to apply for student dependent visa to come to the UK. My wife has a indefinite leave now. I have checked and the centre i passed my test in is still in an approve centre list by UKVI. Can I use it again to apply for FLR(M) as i am going to apply in September 2016 ?

Will appreciate your answers to both questions.

Yours faithfully,
ali

Obie
Ireland

Re: Can expired ielts test certificate be used for FLR(M) Ap

Post by Obie » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:25 pm

Hope do you propose to use an expired test result to apply for FLR (M)?
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:53 am

(Casa, not CR001)

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:05 am

M.

ix_m
Newly Registered

Post by ix_m » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:15 pm

vinny wrote:M.
sorry... it won't happen again, it was my first time using this forum, had one more question to add and thats why this confusion... But info you have provided is highly appreciated...

SAMISPOUSAL
India

Post by SAMISPOUSAL » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:41 pm

you need to know EXACTLY why they rejected that exam ...

Also please note if you intend to use your more than 2 years old cert again then you must not be changing your visa track for exaple from student to spousal etc..
British man sponsoring Indian wife.Application Pune --Mumbai 18 DEC 2013 Requested further info 27 01 2014

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:25 pm

ix_m wrote:Hi everyone,

Q1. Can i use B1 english language test instead of A1 english language test, to apply for FLR(M). I have already done B1 in January 2016, and it is higher level than A1 and my passport is currently with HO, as i applied for dependent with my wife ILR application, as expected it was refused because she got ILR on 10 years based and i have not completed 10 years so far. I got right to appeal in which i appealed and going to apply for FLR(M).

Yours faithfully,
ali
1) Already been answered fully and clearly above.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Abc499

Post by Abc499 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:00 pm

noajthan wrote:
ix_m wrote:Hi everyone,

Yours faithfully,
ali
1) Already been answered fully and clearly above.
this is the topic, where almost all moderators comment and also with evidence! but Mr Ali probably still in confusion that 2 is greater than 1 or not :!: