ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can you switch from T2G dependent to T1E in the UK?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

babyblue731
Newly Registered

Can you switch from T2G dependent to T1E in the UK?

Post by babyblue731 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:08 am

Please help!
My husband started his own business in September 2014 as a director of his own limited company, and is still trading.
I'm a T2G work permit holder, and my husband is my dependent.
The company I'm working for is not doing very well, I've been told by my boss that the company might be dissolved in few months time, which means I would be no longer sponsored.
So I'm wondering, since my husband has his own business, is it possible for him to switch to T1E 200K and I become his dependent?
If so, can both of us do the switching application in the UK?
My concern is that before my current T2G visa, I used to stay in the UK on T1E 50K with my own company for 2 and half years. Would that affect our application this time, even though My husband is doing a totally different business to mine?

Longbattle

Re: Can you switch from T2G dependent to T1E in the UK?

Post by Longbattle » Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:41 am

Hi
First try to get new sponsor . If not then try another category if possible. If not then the business ur husband doing according to level 4 or not and if u can transfer all business on ur name then u can apply for tier 1.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Can you switch from T2G dependent to T1E in the UK?

Post by zimba » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:00 am

No. Your husband cannot switch from a dependant visa to a main PBS visa holder. You either need to find a new sponsor within 60 days of being unemployed or leave the UK so that your husband can apply as main applicant from outside.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice