ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tony04
Newly Registered

naturalisation

Post by tony04 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:01 am

Hello All
I just got my permanent residence card through EEA national family member.I got married in 2009 and i was issue 1 yr residence permit,after that i was been refuse from 2010 to 2013 which i got my 5 yr residence permit back in 2013.
In 2015 November i got divorce from my wife and i apply from my permanent residence in 2016.
My question now is that can i naturalisation straight or will i have to wait 12month before i can naturalisation.

noajthan

Re: naturalisation

Post by noajthan » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:39 am

tony04 wrote:Hello All
I just got my permanent residence card through EEA national family member.I got married in 2009 and i was issue 1 yr residence permit,after that i was been refuse from 2010 to 2013 which i got my 5 yr residence permit back in 2013.
In 2015 November i got divorce from my wife and i apply from my permanent residence in 2016.
My question now is that can i naturalisation straight or will i have to wait 12month before i can naturalisation.
You have to wait 12 months after acquiring PR.
Not 12 months after getting an optional and merely confirmatory PR card.

When did you acquire PR?
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

tony04
Newly Registered

Post by tony04 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:48 am

July 2016

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:34 am

tony04 wrote:July 2016
No you seem to have got a PR card in 2016. A PR card is not the same as acquiring PR, its just a card.

Is it possible you acquired PR in 2014?

If you don't know apply for a SAR from UKVI to see what date HO has recorded for your acquisition of PR.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Música

Post by Música » Mon May 22, 2017 6:16 pm

Hi guys! I got my Permanent Card july 2016, I have to wait until july to apply for naturalization or I can send my documents a month before ( june ) it make any different? Thank you all

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon May 22, 2017 6:22 pm

Música wrote:Hi guys! I got my Permanent Card july 2016, I have to wait until july to apply for naturalization or I can send my documents a month before ( june ) it make any different? Thank you all
Have you read Noajthan's post before yours :?:

It depends on the date you acquired PR, not the date the PR card was issued.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Música

Post by Música » Thu May 25, 2017 8:38 pm

thank you Casa!

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:43 pm

Música wrote:Hi guys! I got my Permanent Card july 2016, I have to wait until july to apply for naturalization or I can send my documents a month before ( june ) it make any different? Thank you all

Wait until 2020.

Unhelpful to scatter information in different threads.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

lulu2
Newly Registered

Post by lulu2 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:47 am

Usually, you receive a letter with your PR card. On the letter, it tells you the date that you acquired PR. That is the date that you will need to use to count 12 months from.

Hope that this helps!

Zhonor

Post by Zhonor » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:57 am

lulu2 wrote:Usually, you receive a letter with your PR card. On the letter, it tells you the date that you acquired PR. That is the date that you will need to use to count 12 months from.

Hope that this helps!
I think that is for applications towards the mid to end of last year (2016) as when I got my letter it does not say anything about PR acquisition date. I had to apply for SAR to get it. :)

lulu2
Newly Registered

Post by lulu2 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:01 pm

Zhonor wrote:
lulu2 wrote:Usually, you receive a letter with your PR card. On the letter, it tells you the date that you acquired PR. That is the date that you will need to use to count 12 months from.

Hope that this helps!
I think that is for applications towards the mid to end of last year (2016) as when I got my letter it does not say anything about PR acquisition date. I had to apply for SAR to get it. :)
Thank you for clarifying that Zhonor. I guess they have made it easier now to know that date.

Zhonor

Post by Zhonor » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:18 pm

lulu2 wrote:
Zhonor wrote:

Hope that this helps!
Thank you for clarifying that Zhonor. I guess they have made it easier now to know that date.
Definitely so much better, saves them a lot of time as well having to deal with all the SAR request for that one information.