ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA PR -how does reciept of benefits affect the application?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

runner90
Newly Registered

EEA PR -how does reciept of benefits affect the application?

Post by runner90 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:56 pm

I'm applying for a PR for my self-employed mum.

She was in receipt of some benefits until mid-2013 (Child Benefit, Working and Child Tax Credits, Housing Benefit). She was a single mum with 2 children... Her earnings from self-employment exceeded MET

I just wonder if the receipt of benefits during 2 years of her qualifying period will have a negative impact on the decision?
Last edited by runner90 on Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

LilyLalilu

Re: EEA PR -how does reciept of benefits affect the applicat

Post by LilyLalilu » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:59 pm

I think benefits are only an issue if she was self-sufficient/a student. As she was a self-employed person (and entitled to those benefits) they should not cause an issue for PR I believe.
Maybe use the old EEA3 form instead of EEA PR and just do not include information about which benefits she received.
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.