ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (FP) parent of a British child

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kelsey1018
Newly Registered

FLR (FP) parent of a British child

Post by kelsey1018 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:08 pm

Hi all,

My husband is a failed asylum seeker and due to our awful solicitor he is still without any legal residence in the UK. Since I am writing this I would advise not to use legal aid solicitors such as the one that we used who always forgot to send evidence and failed to contact us on many occasions.

Getting to the point now, I am a British citizen with a British child and my husband as mentioned is a failed asylum seeker. I do not claim any benefits and work full time but unfortunately don't satisfy the income threshold. My questions are:

1) Should my husband apply for FLR (FP)?
2) If so, would we need to get a solicitor and what are the approximate fees for this application?
3) Is the case strong as I fear paying fees and then getting another refusal will hurt me too much and I won't bear it.
4) What documentation do I need to make our case stronger?

Thank you all in advance and I look forward to your replies :)

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: FLR (FP) parent of a British child

Post by Wanderer » Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:36 pm

Can he not apply from his home country?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: FLR (FP) parent of a British child

Post by Casa » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:13 pm

kelsey1018 wrote:Hi all,

My husband is a failed asylum seeker and due to our awful solicitor he is still without any legal residence in the UK. Since I am writing this I would advise not to use legal aid solicitors such as the one that we used who always forgot to send evidence and failed to contact us on many occasions.

Getting to the point now, I am a British citizen with a British child and my husband as mentioned is a failed asylum seeker. I do not claim any benefits and work full time but unfortunately don't satisfy the income threshold. My questions are:

1) Should my husband apply for FLR (FP)?
2) If so, would we need to get a solicitor and what are the approximate fees for this application?
3) Is the case strong as I fear paying fees and then getting another refusal will hurt me too much and I won't bear it.
4) What documentation do I need to make our case stronger?

Thank you all in advance and I look forward to your replies :)
To avoid repeating the background to your case, please post this question in your original thread.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... l#p1358887
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.