ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British passport and Naturalisation applications

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ILR10YEARBASIS

British passport and Naturalisation applications

Post by ILR10YEARBASIS » Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:40 am

Hi , sorry may be a silly question.
can I apply for british passport and naturalisation at the same time or do I have to wait for naturalisation application to complete than apply for British passport.
if both applications can be made at same time, how it can be done ? Can I do both applications with nationality checking service ?

vinny

Re: British passport and Naturalisation applications

Post by vinny » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:57 am

Nationality checking service wrote:The Nationality checking service is available in the UK for people applying for British citizenship, or British citizenship and a British passport at the same time
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:21 am

Search online for "JCAP application". Some NCSes (not all, to the best of my knowledge) allow you to apply for both at the same time.

Remember that you can use any NCS that is convenient to you, not necessarily that of your local authority. Similarly, you can have the naturalisation ceremony with any council, not necessarily the one you are resident in. I had mine with the council at my place of work, for instance.

Members have reported getting their passports a week after the naturalisation ceremony.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:46 am

I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.