ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI and tourist e-visafor India related question.

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

wisemen
Newly Registered

OCI and tourist e-visafor India related question.

Post by wisemen » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:43 am

Hi everyone. Hope you all had a good weekend.
I am going to India as a tourist in November for 18 days. I was looking to get tourist visa but the £110 fee on VFS seemed a bit much when I can also apply for an OCI card for just a bit more. I then checked e-visa fees on https://indianvisaonline.gov.in and the $60 fees seemed more reasonable. I am still thinking about applying for OCI since I do not want to waste any money on a visa when in fact I can get OCI. But since they tend to take around 6-8 weeks and I have only 10 weeks left before I go to India, my question is that if my documents do not arrive back by the 8th week, can I then get the e-visa and go that route whilst my OCI application is being processed? Also how likely are they to take more than 8-9 weeks to process OCI (I would likely go through VFS since they can check everyhting and speed up the process but I can't ask them all these question since they charge 0.95/minute).
What do you suggest I should do?

Also, I read somewhere on the internet that one can also get a tourist e-visa to India for around $20? Is that so?

secret.simon

Re: OCI and tourist e-visafor India related question.

Post by secret.simon » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:37 am

wisemen wrote:Also, I read somewhere on the internet that one can also get a tourist e-visa to India for around $20? Is that so?
Indian e-Visa portal wrote: E-tourist Visa fees is country/Territory specific (min $00 and max $60). Bank transaction charges of 2.5% will be charged additional on applicable e-Tourist Visa fees. The fee must be paid at least 4 days before the expected date of travel otherwise application will not be processed. To know the fee applicable on your Country/Territory please Click here.
You may also want to look into applying for an X-visa instead of a tourist visa.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

wisemen
Newly Registered

Post by wisemen » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:25 pm

first and last bump

Thanks

gre.bm691

Post by gre.bm691 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:42 pm

I suggest dont risk it. I travelled twice on the e-visa before I applied for OCI. You will have your e-0visa the very next day after your application.

I have also travelled on the tourist visa that allows multiple entries and duration is much longer (not sure whats it called but its the expensive one). Dont think e-visa option existed back then.

BearBhat
Newly Registered

Post by BearBhat » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:44 pm

Hi,

Can you please advise if a visa issued only up to six month is available for British passport holders at the reduced rate £39.44?

What i understand from the info at: http://www.vfsglobal.com/india/uk/Tourist.html, is that this new reduced rate is for "other passport holders" only, and so UK passport holders must pay £109.44 for a 1 year regardless.. is my understanding correct?

The reason I am asking is that I would like to to apply for 4 tourist visas for family, who are all UK passport holders, to attend my wedding in India next year and since they are only going to be in India for 7 days, a 6 month visa would more than suffice.

Many thanks in advance for any answers!

Regards

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Post by haiksuresh » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:58 pm

I am interested in X-visa http://boi.gov.in/content/information-f ... y-x-visa-0

But can't find the visa fee any where. Any knows about what might be visa fee ?

regards,
Suresh