ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When does HO start counting 6-month standard processing time

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

holaiker

When does HO start counting 6-month standard processing time

Post by holaiker » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:22 pm

Hi All

I applied for citizenship in March but has not received any result.

I understand that the standard service standard is 6-month. But when does HO start counting 6-month standard processing time ?

My situation is :

Application Date via NCS: 31-03-2016

Receive Confirmation Letter from HO: 21-04-2016

Receive Biometrics Letter from HO: 26-04-2016

Biometrics Done: 30-04-2016

So which date should i use as the 1st day of the 6-month waiting period ?

Many thanks.

secret.simon

Re: When does HO start counting 6-month standard processing

Post by secret.simon » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:27 pm

Be aware that the 6 months standard processing time is just that, a statement of how long it takes approximately to process a naturalisation application. There is no legal requirement for the Home Office to finish processing applications in that timeframe.

The rush of EEA citizens naturalising post-Brexit and the summer holidays (and even Home Office caseworkers are entitled to take leave) will mean that there would be a slowdown in application considerations.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

holaiker

Re: When does HO start counting 6-month standard processing

Post by holaiker » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:40 pm

secret.simon wrote:Be aware that the 6 months standard processing time is just that, a statement of how long it takes approximately to process a naturalisation application. There is no legal requirement for the Home Office to finish processing applications in that timeframe.

The rush of EEA citizens naturalising post-Brexit and the summer holidays (and even Home Office caseworkers are entitled to take leave) will mean that there would be a slowdown in application considerations.

i understand, but at least after 6 months i can try contacting HO or maybe get in touch with local MP.

i dont know when they start counting the 6 months. Is it application submission date or biometric completion date