ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child without a known biological father-Settlement visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

isy
Newly Registered

Child without a known biological father-Settlement visa

Post by isy » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:15 pm

Hello please l need advice,
I have a son who is 14 years old in Malawi am now British citizen obtained june 2016, My son has got no father as l was raped when l was 20 years old by several boys and l do not know them. The problem l have is l want to apply for settlement visa for my son. l have been his father and mother since birth l hold a sole responsibility over him l had to leave my son in 2003 when he was 3 yrs old due to depression issue caused by the rape where l developed a medical condition called Addisons disease, on his birth certificate on the father part its blank what should l do to prove this to the immigration as they will need a consent from the father for him to come to UK?
Thank you.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Child without a known biological father-Settlement visa

Post by seagul » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:46 pm

Had you made police report on that time and what efforts were made to search that rapists and is the case still open? I don't think home office will believe that if in your previous applications have not mentioned about that child and your circumstances and diseases in previous applications.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:10 pm

If you have sole parental responsibility and can prove it then you should not have to provide paternal consent.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:33 pm

If you are the only person named on the birth certificate and the provider then there should be no issue. There are many sole parents who are successful (myself included).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

isy
Newly Registered

Post by isy » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:07 pm

I have mentioned this to the immigration all the years of my Visa in Uk and l have a police report to confirm the rape, but l withdraw the case as it was traumatic and depressing for me. Since the 6 th November ,2000 l have never asked the police in Malawi to try to find the rapist as it wasnt only one person but few,with the economy then it was hard to do anything even a DNA test even today am not sure if that is possible.

I have a sole responsibility as am the only one who supports him financially,mentally and emotionally tho the school and a good friend helps physically. l have western union receipts and school accounts breakdown for his school fees and maintenance funds,l also have an account that l opened in my name but my son is a beneficially to my account and he can withdraw in case of any emergency.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:11 pm

Hi Isy,

I don't have anything to add from an immigration standpoint - I just wanted to say that I am very sorry that you had to go through that...