ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Legacy Case / CRP question

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kg1983

Legacy Case / CRP question

Post by kg1983 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:27 pm

Hi

I posted in CRP thread before but noone replied. Would long-term non-asylum cases be treated as a Legacy case, for instance currently our application is with the home office for almost a year (article 8) and we have either been in touch with the home office or in appeal process for past 7 years.

I have just spoken to my solicitor and according to him all long term cases will be treated as legacy cases.

Any thoughts?

jimquk
United Kingdom

Post by jimquk » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:58 pm

According to our friends at the BIA
The legacy is defined as all asylum cases that are incomplete and are not being processed by regional asylum teams.
this is from the recent useful update at

http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/docume ... iew=Binary

It has always appeared to me that the legacy case resolution exercise applies only to asylum cases.

Another piece of news on the subject today at http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7148768.stm - 52,000 cases processed, unfortunately no information as to how many grants of status and to who.
The Refused are coming day-by-day nearer to freedom.

essy
Newly Registered

Post by essy » Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:04 am

my case is a non asylum but l was sent legacy forms letter to fill in from the HO. still waiting for a reply though, bn in the uk for nearly 8yrs with 2 children.

jimquk
United Kingdom

Post by jimquk » Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:33 am

A further news update: http://politics.guardian.co.uk/homeaffa ... 22,00.html

It appears that 52,000 cases have led to 19,000 grants of status, 16,000 removals, and 17,000 cases found to duplicates or other errors. I don't think the figures add up - there ought to be many cases where people have been refused status but removal is still in process, also the it would mean that almost all asylum removals recently have been legacy cases rather than new ones. I think it must mean 16,000 removals planned rather than actually carried out.
The Refused are coming day-by-day nearer to freedom.

Paulsmith

Post by Paulsmith » Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:47 am

I found something interesting here:

http://freemovement.wordpress.com/2007/12/

A very well sourced rumour has it that 95% of the outstanding 450,000 asylum ‘legacy’ cases so far resolved have resulted in grants of status.

I think the 16000 removals were cases of asylum seekers who have never received a questionnaire and were picked up for removal. It says that all asylum cases prior to 5th march 2007 are legacy cases but it does not mean that everybody will be considered under the case resolution programme.

ILPA Document:

However, the BIA have now informed us that some people may never receive a questionnaire
even though their case is within the legacy backlog. Some people in this backlog may never have
their case considered by the Case Resolution Directorate, which is the part of the BIA that is
responsible for dealing with the backlog.

The CRP started on 1st November 2006 and until today 16000 asylum seeker have been removed.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong somewhere.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:51 am

Just because you receive a questionairre of sorts, it doesn't make you a legacy case.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

kg1983

Post by kg1983 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:23 am

essy wrote:my case is a non asylum but l was sent legacy forms letter to fill in from the HO. still waiting for a reply though, bn in the uk for nearly 8yrs with 2 children.
Yeah but did the letter say Case Resolution Directorate or Case Resolution Programme etc. If it did then its a legacy questionnaire.