ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Newborn baby in UK

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Semi
Newly Registered

Newborn baby in UK

Post by Semi » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:19 pm

Hi
My husband is on Tier 2 and I am on Tier 2 dependent.
Our Tier 2 visa will be expired next year.
I had a new born baby this March and he has no visa yet.

I know that he can stay in UK without visa if he never goes abroad.

My question is "If I go abroad and enter UK again with my baby, can he come into UK as a visitor without Tier 2 dependent visa?"
That means I will leave UK with my baby and go back to my country within 6 months.

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Re: Newborn baby in UK

Post by gag285 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:49 pm

Semi wrote:Hi
My husband is on Tier 2 and I am on Tier 2 dependent.
Our Tier 2 visa will be expired next year.
I had a new born baby this March and he has no visa yet.

I know that he can stay in UK without visa if he never goes abroad.

My question is "If I go abroad and enter UK again with my baby, can he come into UK as a visitor without Tier 2 dependent visa?"
That means I will leave UK with my baby and go back to my country within 6 months.
This is a difficult one but the answer is No. The Tourist visa is only apt for the purpose of tourism whilst in the case in question, the baby is rightly a dependent travelling back to the UK with you to join your husband. I can understand your reluctance to apply for a leave under Tier 2, the high fee and IHS surcharge make little sense with limited time left on the main applicant's leave but that's how it is.