ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT extension or converstion

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Tier 2 ICT extension or converstion

Post by haiksuresh » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:55 am

Hi ,
One of my friend was already in Tier 2 ICT on 1 year visa. Now his employer wanted to extend his visa. What are his options.

1) Is it possible to convert to Tier 2 general with in UK from the same employer ? Is there cooling off period applicable ?

2) If he wanted to extend his current stay as Tier 2 ICT for another 5 years ?

3) If my friend willing to settle in UK, What are his routes ? His employer was very favorable to him so he can request tier 2 general as well.

Please help him.

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Re: Tier 2 ICT extension or converstion

Post by gag285 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:09 am

1. Not possible to switch from Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 General without serving a 1 year cool-off unless you have a job that pays more than 150k

2. I believe the candidate is on a Short Term ICT when you mention 1-year visa. This is allowed to be switched to a Long Term Tier 2 ICT but only with the same employer and meeting the salary eligibility conditions for a Long Term Tier 2 ICT.

3. 'Willing to settle' or Wishing to settle. The 'Willing' situation arises if there is opportunity already. Anyways, the settlement route through work is Tier 2 General which in the given circumstances will require a cool-off to start with.