ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form MN1 Question 1.1

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

crimson76

Form MN1 Question 1.1

Post by crimson76 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:57 pm

Question 1.1 on form MN1 asks us to provide the section of British Nationality act under which application is being made.
We came to UK on Tier 1 and our ILR was granted about an year ago. Now, we are eligible for Naturalisation and our minor child who was born abroad for registration. For our child's registration application I do not know how to answer question 1.1 on Form MN1. It asks for the section of British nationality act under which we want home office to consider our application. After going through the MN1 guide, I believe Section 3(1) ( Child whose parents are applying for British citizenship). Child was granted ILR with us about one year ago. Please inform if this is the correct section to use.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Form MN1 Question 1.1

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:01 pm

Children born abroad are registered under section 3 (1) of the BNA.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

crimson76

Re: Form MN1 Question 1.1

Post by crimson76 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:15 pm

CR001 wrote:Children born abroad are registered under section 3 (1) of the BNA.
Thanks Char.