ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Salaried non salaried confusion

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fightingspirit
Newly Registered

Salaried non salaried confusion

Post by fightingspirit » Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:38 am

Hi all, any help with this would be much appreciated. im confused when it comes to an employer letter if it really needs to state all that is written below? if im not salaried and work on an hourly rate then how could my employer state my salary? Also whats stated in bold print doent make much sense to me. Pls clarify Thank you.

See sections 5.5.12. to 5.5.14. of this guidance. 33

(b) A letter from the employer(s) who issued the payslips at paragraph 2(a) confirming:
(i) the person's employment and gross annual salary;
(ii) the length of their employment;
([b]iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in
the application; and

(iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency).

SoHopeful

Re: Salaried non salaried confusion

Post by SoHopeful » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:54 pm

So to work out what your pay would be over the year you must use the calculation in the rules for non salaried employment... add up your last six months payslips, divide by 6 and multiply by 12.

iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in
the application .... is basically to state how long you have been earning the amount you are now relying for the application.

fightingspirit
Newly Registered

Post by fightingspirit » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:52 pm

Yeah thanks for the reply, its not really the calculation that's the issue. My employer has stated that they can only include in the employer letter. my job title, pay rate, contract type and length of employment.

I don't see how THEY would be able to state my an salary as i'm not on one...?

Also i am contracted for 42 hours pw but i work 54-62. so wouldn't they take this into account and calculate my an salary based on contracted hours or is it 6 months added together to get an average and the multiplied by 12.

ii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in
the application. so if i started earning the amount required april this year, how would that be worded in the letter.

Sorry i sould have made it clear this is really about the letter that needs to be submitted by employer rather then the calculations. i don't think i can get my employer to create such a specific letter as required by these people

fightingspirit
Newly Registered

Post by fightingspirit » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:04 pm

SoHopeful wrote:So to work out what your pay would be over the year you must use the calculation in the rules for non salaried employment... add up your last six months payslips, divide by 6 and multiply by 12.

iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in
the application .... is basically to state how long you have been earning the amount you are now relying for the application.
What i mean to say is , is the employer expected to do this calculation and then on the letter state that from the calculation of adding xx dividingxx and multiplyingxx , Mr xxxx an salary is 292929 ?

Or could the ECO just do this himself based on the pay slips and other supporting documents. so what is the need to state an anual salary if we are not on one?

Anyway sorry if i come acrosss irritated, its only because i am and im very tired .