ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Should the employer letter for ILR only from HR?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zsat69
Newly Registered

Should the employer letter for ILR only from HR?

Post by zsat69 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:28 am

Hi All

I need a clarification about the Employer letter for ILR [ Tier 2 route].

Should this letter be signed only by the HR? Is there anywhere it specifically says so

Is it an issue if its signed by the CTO [ Chief Technology Officer ] on a company letterhead?

Please let me know asap. And if anyone got a letter other than HR and got the ILR approved.

Many thanks

anoops1984
United Kingdom

Re: Should the employer letter for ILR only from HR?

Post by anoops1984 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:37 am

The ILR guidance states that you need to submit letter from the "employer", I have seen businesses with Tier 2 sponsorship but without any HR department. In that case owner of the company or directors can probably confirm your job and other details. If there is an HR department in your company then it is best to get the letter from them.

zsat69
Newly Registered

Re: Should the employer letter for ILR only from HR?

Post by zsat69 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:51 pm

Thanks!