ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship ceremony happening later - current pp renewal

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

arc321
Newly Registered

Citizenship ceremony happening later - current pp renewal

Post by arc321 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:42 am

Hello,

I am hoping some learned members might be able to help me here. We recently got our citizenship app approved, and have booked ceremony with the local authority. The thing is, they seem to be quite booked out and the date we got is about 4 weeks out. It so happens that the current Indian passport held by one of us expires the day the citizenship ceremony is to take place. We did JCAP, so, hopefully our new passports should arrive within a week or two of the ceremony.

In this context, do we really need to renew the Indian passport that's about to expire? We are not planning to travel out of UK in the next 6 months or so anyway. Any thoughts/ advice please?

secret.simon

Re: Citizenship ceremony happening later - current pp renewa

Post by secret.simon » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:08 pm

There is no need to have a current passport at the time of naturalisation.

So, no need to renew.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

arc321
Newly Registered

Re: Citizenship ceremony happening later - current pp renewa

Post by arc321 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:32 pm

secret.simon wrote:There is no need to have a current passport at the time of naturalisation.

So, no need to renew.
Thanks secret.simon! Much appreciated.