ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 change of employment via priority postal service

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kamaal010
Newly Registered

Tier 2 change of employment via priority postal service

Post by kamaal010 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:50 am

This is my experience of changing Tier 2 employer.
Visa type: Tier 2 change of employment via priority postal service application

Please not that these are based on my experiences and not words from God. If something is not right please correct as you wish. Thank you for the forum for all the useful information I get. This is me giving back.

TIMELINE: Only a guideline based on my application.
Cos
CoS increases request sent: 24th July
Increases allocated 23rd August
CoS generated 24th August
Priority service request
Request sent 25th August 8.40am
Request accepted 25th August 10.30am
Application
Online application submitted: Thu25th August. Next day Special postal delivery
Application delivered Fri 26th August
Biometrics
Biometrics email and letter sent Wed 31st August
Biometrics enrolled Thur 1st September
Decision
Email received 07th September
Letter received 08th September next Royal mail delivery by 1pm
Biometrics received 12th September DX Delivery

Assignment of Unrestricted CoS: I was told that they had realised that they had run of unrestricted Cos and had asked HO for increases.The issue here was HO guidelines state that waiting period for allocating increases may take up to 18 weeks but is generally issued much earlier. After digging in I discovered that they generally allocate increases within 4 weeks. My employer got the increases in just over 4 weeks. Funny that HO have to just click a button to allocate increases.

The following are few essential tips/guidelines for Tier 2 change of employment

RLMT: Absolutely necessary for change of employment– This is the employer’s responsibility. My employer was in the impression that unrestricted CoS don’t need an RLMT fulfilment – absolutely false, unless extending your tier 2 under same employer same SOC code, same/increased pay.

The post should be advertised in 2 different places (online/Journal) – One of the places must be job centre plus (universal job match). The post must be advertised for a minimum period of 28 days, consecutive or in parts (minimum 7 days if in parts). Of course details of the post should be included. In the CoS, its best the employer state the 2 places where the advert was placed along with their respective advert start and end date, including the job title and reference numbers. The Cos should be assigned within 6 months of the advert. The job could be advertised in the employer’s website if they have over 250 employees.
Here are some exceptions for PhD level jobs, as in my case: The job need not be advertised in job centre plus but still needs to advertise in 2 places for minimum 28 days. Also the RLMT is valid for 12 months instead of the usual 6 months. The employer can hire an unsettled worker even if there was a settled worker fulfilling all criteria.

Salary: Must be as per the rates in the SOC codes, look into guidelines for entrant/experienced level. From April 2017, for all jobs 30,000GBP per annum must be the minimum rate for experienced workers or the required rate for the particular SOC code, whichever is higher.

Notice: Do not give notice until your get your approval. Make some arrangement with your current employer.

6 year rule: One cannot be on tier 2 for more than 6 years. When extending it is best you make sure your CoS end date does not exceed 6 years to be safe. The start date for tier 2 is the start date on the CoS for the first tier 2 application you made.

Timeline: My Cos start date was 3rd October. I submitted my priority postal tier 2 application on 25th August and received my decision letter on 8th September. I would have liked to have applied a bit earlier.
The priority postal tier 2 service aims to process application within 15 working days (not a guarantee). It’s an anxious wait but be patient it will work out. If there would be an eventual delay they will let you know. Email them if 15 working days have passed.Please do not forget to write the priority tier2 service reference number on the envelope when sending your application off. This will enable them to link up details quickly. I forgot to write my reference number on the envelope.