ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work asking to update visa

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Beatunia
Newly Registered

Work asking to update visa

Post by Beatunia » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:32 pm

I have question what is best to do in our situation. My parter and myslef arent married however we live together for 3 years , we have a daughter together ( she is British Citizen) however we have send the application to home office stated as familly memenr of EEU ( I am Polish my parter is from Ghana ) .The home office is taking time (over 6 months now) . My partner employer start asking him for update of his documents. Please how could you help. Thank you

Noetic
Member of Standing

Re: Work asking to update visa

Post by Noetic » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:40 pm

If your daughter is British that implies you already have PR status (UK born children after a certain date are only British if born to a British or settled parent, the mother usually if not married). Is this correct?

What is your partner's current immigration status? Has he already got a residence card, has it expired & what is it that you actually applied for? It just seems odd that he's been living with you 3 years and now you apply for a permit - the usual route is a family permit applied for from outside the UK and then after 6 monghs applying for a residence card. (Which is valid 5 years I think)

Anyway - first port of call is usually getting your MP involved to contact the Home Office on your behalf.

Beatunia
Newly Registered

Post by Beatunia » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:54 pm

Yes, I have PR already ( I lived in UK, London 10 years) he had previous EEU 3 years visa but it will expire anytime soon . ( he was married before to EEU but he divoreced)
Please how do you contact MP ? Thanks

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:44 pm

Beatunia wrote:I have question what is best to do in our situation. My parter and myslef arent married however we live together for 3 years , we have a daughter together ( she is British Citizen) however we have send the application to home office stated as familly memenr of EEU ( I am Polish my parter is from Ghana ) .The home office is taking time (over 6 months now) . My partner employer start asking him for update of his documents. Please how could you help. Thank you
An unmarried partner won't get a COA confirming a right to work unless he had a previous valid RC (or valid FP) when the application was submitted.
If so he is considered a family member and should have an ongoing right to work.

Is that the case (did partner have valid RC/FP)?

Otherwise its a case of sit tight and wait for the RC.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Beatunia
Newly Registered

Post by Beatunia » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:28 pm

Sorry just to update he had 5 years right to work and live visa before sending this application .

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:40 pm

Beatunia wrote:Sorry just to update he had 5 years right to work and live visa before sending this application .
There are no visas on EU route (except perhaps for any initial FP).

If you actually mean a 5 year RC as EFM and it was valid when new application bundle was submitted then partner should be treated as a family member.

Expect an initial COA with no confirmation of right to work.
It should be possible to overturn that and turn it into a COA with confirmation of right to work.
But that's probably as good as it gets - you still need to wait and wait for the final RC.

Have you received any COA yet?
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.