ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

my spouse visa queries help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

oddone
Newly Registered

my spouse visa queries help

Post by oddone » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:03 pm

hi, i have these few queries that i would be grateful, if forum members could share their knowhows, thanks

I am a formal uk student now back in my country, looking to apply to uk to live with my wife (spouse visa). Its been 1 and half years since i left uk, i stayed in uk for 5 years before in tier 4

q1. I did acca student in uk, i am in my last professional papers but i have finished the bachelor equivalent levels. Can i use naric for my english requirement or do i need to give a1 english test? if not naric, can i give pte exams and use it ? cause a1 ielts test are all booked in british council here upto december. can i give higher level english tests and use it? like ielts, pte and toefl used in tier 4.

q2. my wife is working two jobs to meet the financial requirements ( i think this rule is absurd but anyways). She gets paid by one in bank, another is cash in hand( but has a weekly pay slip, parttime in subway ). Does the yearly 18600 has to appear on bank statement? what is bank statement for, for example in my wife's subway case, where she gets paid in cash, has payslip, pays relevant tax, ni, income tax etc as well. )

q3. during my last year in uk, i applied for masters study, but my application was refused cause of cap. I had 17 months left on my 5 year cap, my masters program was of 18 month( rule is a rule, sigh our world, :/ )
hence i did appeal, which was unsucessful. then reappealed to higher court, which was unsucessful, got a letter saying if u want u can appeal to even higher court. I did reapply with a help of solicitor, but the process got me tiring. two months passed and i didnt see me winning, classes had already begun, and i wasnt allowed to join class untill i got my visa. hence at the end, i decided for a voluntary departure by calling ukba and telling them i dont want to further my case. It was a long hasty process, i just want to know if this has any effect on my application process and my chance for refusal. As far as to my knowledge i always appealed on time, and tried my levelbest to stay in legal side of things ( but u neverknow, cause immigration rules are so complex and confusing). Being a student in uk, you know what im saying ;[

thanks if u gave ur valuable time reading this, share your knowledge if it might help me. you guys are the real lawyers of the people in need. good people in forum.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: my spouse visa queries help

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:14 pm

q1. : You need UK NARIC ELA for a Degree certificate from abroad. If you don't have a degree certificate, you will need the English test from an HO approved test centre and HO approved test.

q2. Does she have payslips to prove the cash in hand money? Does she pay tax on the cash in hand money? Does she deposit the full cash in hand pay into her bank account? If no, then likely she cannot use it. The payslips she submits and the bank statements must match for income/ financial requirement.

q3. Should be fine to apply for spouse visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.