ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Xuan2014
Newly Registered

Naturalisation

Post by Xuan2014 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:43 am

Hi everyone,

I need some help as I am about to apply for the Naturalisation. I came to UK on 2005 as a student and now I have been granted a Permanent Residence Card. Its already been 12 months I am having PR and now I would like to apply for the Naturalisation (British Citizenship). I have also done Life in UK Test and got a passed result. My question is regarding English Test. When I came to UK as a student I need to prove my English language so I did IELTS as a requirement and scored 6.0. Unfortunately the certificate was valid for only two years. Shall I still need to do English Language course to apply for the Naturalisation process or should it be okay to submit the copy of expired an IELTS certificate.

Please advice.

Regards

LilyLalilu

Re: Naturalisation

Post by LilyLalilu » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:15 am

Did you finish your course and now have a degree from a UK university? If so, you could use this to satisfy the language requirement. I am not sure about the IELTS certificate but I suggest you read this thoroughly to ensure you submit an appropriate language qualification: https://www.gov.uk/english-language/overview :)
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:43 am

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Xuan2014
Newly Registered

Post by Xuan2014 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:54 pm

hello everyone,

I am about to apply for a British Citizenship (Naturalisation), and the route was EEA. I was a non-EEA husband of EEA national. We are separated like two years ago but it is not a legal separation or not divorced yet. Shall I need to give her detail in the Application Form as well and what should I tick off in Marital Status? Single or ........ Does it going to create any hassle in my Application? Please advise me.

Regards,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:21 pm

If you are married, you tick married.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Xuan2014
Newly Registered

Post by Xuan2014 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:29 pm

Hi,

Thanks for a reply. We don't live together for two years now. There is a section in an AN from asking for a partner details. What should I do in this case? Shall I leave empty or give her details. But the reason is we are not together anymore, and there is no any legal proof of separation or divorce. Please provide me a reasonable answer.

Thanks

Xuan2014
Newly Registered

Application for naturalisation as a British citizen: form AN

Post by Xuan2014 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:38 pm

Hello everyone,

I have a bit of confusion here while filling my Application Form for Naturalisation. Hope you guys will help me with reasonable answers/ solutions so that I will be 100% sure that I am filling my Application Form correctly and save me from the hassle of returning my Application Form.

I am married, but my wife and I are not separated legally. We have been living separately for two years now. Now I am about to apply for the British Citizenship. My concerns are below:

My question is about section called:

1.15 Current marital status (Please tick one box only)
Single/never married
Divorced or civil partnership dissolved
Married or a civil partner
Legally separated
Unmarried partner
Widowed or a surviving civil partner

What do I need to tick?

"Details of Your Partner"

Do I need to give her details?

Does it go to create any problems for my Application if we are not legally divorced or separated?

Please suggest me what I should do?

All the suggestions are welcomed.

Kind Regards,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Application for naturalisation as a British citizen: for

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:40 pm

You are over thinking this.

What do I need to tick? Tick married

Do I need to give her details? Yes

Does it go to create any problems for my Application if we are not legally divorced or separated? No
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:42 pm

If not divorced or legally separated then you are still married.

You can apply in own right under section 6(1) of BNA if you have resided in UK for 5 years.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Xuan2014
Newly Registered

Post by Xuan2014 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:21 pm

[quote="noajthan"]If not divorced or legally separated then you are still married.

You can apply in own right under section 6(1) of BNA if you have resided in UK for 5 years.[/quote]

Thanks Noajthan but "what is You can apply in own right under section 6(1) of BNA if you have resided in UK for 5 years.?"

What I need to do for that?

Is there anything I need to fill like extra forms for that one?

Thanks

Xuan2014
Newly Registered

Post by Xuan2014 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:23 pm

[quote][quote][quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][quote="CR001"]You are over thinking this.

What do I need to tick? [color=#FF0000]Tick married[/color]

Do I need to give her details? [color=#FF0000]Yes[/color]

Does it go to create any problems for my Application if we are not legally divorced or separated? [color=#FF0000]No[/color][/quote]

thankyou CR001 . :D

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:24 pm

Xuan2014 wrote:Thanks Noajthan but "what is You can apply in own right under section 6(1) of BNA if you have resided in UK for 5 years.?"

What I need to do for that?

Is there anything I need to fill like extra forms for that one?

Thanks
Just read the AN guidance, its quite clear and comprehensive.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.