ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Currently Student visa: Whether In-country FLR(HSMP) or ECO

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bhasheth
Newly Registered

Currently Student visa: Whether In-country FLR(HSMP) or ECO

Post by bhasheth » Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:03 pm

Dear All,
My initial HSMP application is granted. Now in process to get HSMP visa stamp. I currently live in UK having student visa status. My question is whether :
Can I do in-country FLR(HSMP)? application
or Do I have to return back to my home country and get EC done?

I am Tanzanian national and first student visa was obtained for in Tanzania in 2001 for MSc which completed in 2002. Since then I have extended my student visa in-country UK for the following courses.

2002 : Diploma in Network Management
2003: Diploma in Database Management
2005: British Computer Society's Professional Graduate Diploma ( to be completed in Oct.2008.)

Mix of opinions have really confused me about whether to do in-country FLR(HSMP) or Entry Clearance in Tanzania.

Can experienced senior member or someone having similar case assist please? Looking forward for your help. Many thanks in advance.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:59 pm

You have to go back to get entry clearance.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

aka189

Post by aka189 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:16 pm

Hi Victoria,

Can't he obtain FLR in UK given he has completed his Network and Database Management from UK. So I think he can get FLR done in UK.

One of my friend got FLR in April-07 as he has finished his Diploma and was doing Master's degree in UK on a student visa.

bhasheth
Newly Registered

according to WorkPermit, I can switch.

Post by bhasheth » Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:41 pm

Apparently, according to work permit help line adviser, I can switch from Student visa to FLR(HSMP) in-country since I always have renewed student visa in-country.

However, reading messages over here, it seems ppl talking about get EC done.

Victoria, Gordon, I really am confused. If you can look into this matter again please. Also feedback from others is equally important.

Many thanks advance.

aka189

Post by aka189 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:16 pm

As I said you can do FLR since you have completed several full-time courses in UK and doing another full-time course.

But make sure all the courses which you had completed and the one you are doing is a full-time course then only you can switch in country.

I am definitely sure you can switch in country as I have confirmed with my friend who has switched from student to hsmp in April-07.

inlondon2005

Post by inlondon2005 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:09 pm

Can you explain who is your friends awarding body and when he applied for FLR extension did he show HO that he is doing Masters...?

gordon

Post by gordon » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:46 pm

135DB The requirements for an extension of stay as a highly skilled migrant for a student are that the applicant:
(i) entered the United Kingdom or was given leave to remain as a student in accordance with paragraphs 57 to 62 of these Rules; and
(ii) has obtained a degree qualification on a recognised degree course at either a United Kingdom publicly funded further or higher education institution or a bona fide United Kingdom private education institution which maintains satisfactory records of enrolment and attendance; and [...]
Noting the verb tenses, the above means that one should have completed a degree qualification at a qualified UK institution during the current period of leave (for which purpose the current leave was granted). The fact that prior UK qualifications are held, is not relevant. It does not appear that you are eligible to switch at this point, meaning then that your only alternative is to obtain entry clearance in your home country.
AG

aka189

Post by aka189 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:50 pm

He did his Diploma from a college in London then he did ACCA. He did finish upto Part-2 of ACCA which is equivelent to UK's Bachelor's degree and has completed 2 out of 5 part-3 papers of ACCA. Completing ACCA is equivelent to Master degree in UK.

On this basis he got his FLR.

So he showed that he need to finish 3 more part-3 papers. So he was persuing Masters degree as finishing ACCA is equivelent to Masters degree.

bhasheth
Newly Registered

Post by bhasheth » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:43 pm

Hello all,
Thanks for advice.

Finally, in-country switch approved. Go to the web-link for more detail http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 574#139574

Good luck to all.

Bha