ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Reflection on the visa Process

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Hussaini Z

Reflection on the visa Process

Post by Hussaini Z » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:43 am

Salam all!

I just wanted to start this thread to reflect on the entire process.

I have found the entire process draining, stressful, a strain on the martial relationship, there is a lot of ambiguity and also, unfortunately, I have found that when discussing the topic in Asian communities people are very secretive about how they did it and succeeded etc!!!

So i wanted to start this thread as a safe space for honest reflection on the entire process.

I submitted 5 files at the end! I just hope i succeed (Inshallah).

This is where I am up to now:

Re: Spouse Visa Applications - PAKISTAN TIMELINES ONLY
Postby Hussaini Z » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:44 pm

Salam,

Priority visa.
Cat B

Online application submitted: 26/08/2016

Biometric enrolled on: 01/09/2016 (Islamabad)

Application forwarded to British High Commission on : 02/09/2016 (informed by email)

Application under process at British High Commission on : Not yet

Supporting documents sent to Sheffield on : 10/09/2016

Supporting documents received back from Sheffield on : 15/09/2016

Sponsor contacted by UKVI (if applicable)

Contacted with 'decision made' : Not yet
Contacted for Collection : Not yet
Collection made : Not yet
Decision of Application : Not yet

I got married in March 2016 - returned back to the UK - and went back to Pakistan 2 weeks later (was missing my wife too much :P) and spent two months with my new wife there. Came back to the UK beginning of June and kicked started the process to apply - submitted as shown above everything in August.

I've got three degrees to my name BUT this whole process has been most stressful and difficult than all three combined together!

IF (Inshallah) my wife gets the visa feel free to ask me any questions ...

p.s. pray for us!
Best of luck for those applying!! (its awful)!

:D :D :D

SAMISPOUSAL
India

Re: Reflection on the visa Process

Post by SAMISPOUSAL » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:41 am

Good Luck with your process.
You are absolutely right. The whole system is deliberately designed against the applicants. I have dealt with many banks and Financial companies on the most complex of issues but this monsterous immigration is designed to bamboozle and frustrate the hell out of the applicants. They expect the couple to be in a more than perfect married life when the whole society itself is full of broken down dysfunctions of all sorts. The bars are set so high only a few out of few can safely jump over it. The sad fact is many desrving cases have failed, or would be non starters, and the immigration relishes in glee over the unjustness of it all.

Good luck in the long process.
British man sponsoring Indian wife.Application Pune --Mumbai 18 DEC 2013 Requested further info 27 01 2014

Hussaini Z

Post by Hussaini Z » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:18 am

Thank you.

The entire process is flawed and anxiety provoking!

There are no consistencies, its open to interpretation but the "system" itself does not aid you in the application in fact there are barriers put in place for making it easier.

Your right, unfortunately some people do not have the "ideal marriage" or access to unlimited amounts of pound/dollars/rupees to keep up with the nonsense.

I felt violated and felt like its infringing on my human right - i felt exposed.

Sadly, i suspect its going to get worse :(

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:28 am

Will let this run for now.
When it veers too far off topic and becomes too angst-ridden and ranty will close it down.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:30 am

After years of abuse by migrants of the spouse visa route and sham marriages, it was inevitable that it would become harder and likely will become more difficult. We don't need a thread running on 'ad nauseum' about the difficult system, everyone knows it already.

+1 on what noajthan said.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:47 pm

Perhaps moving it to the general discussion forum or even the Comments about Discussion Board forum would be helpful as it is a generic discussion thread, rather than being specific to a person or activity.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:57 pm

In past a lot fake couples were abusing spouse visa route under uk and especially EU route so that's why now they become very wise and continously introducing more and more obstacles. But genuine couples must be treated fairly and authorities must not refuse on silly grounds and if anything lacks in case then they should ask that from applicants instead straight refusal. Authorities must know the pain which suffered by genuine families to get United. If we compare then there is a huge inequality between uk and eu route spouse visa in terms of procedure and cost. Most of the spouse visa quality is affected by sham marriages from EU route side and because since past until full Brexit the authorities have no full control to EU route so they are/have been/will continue to lessen their angerness over UK route where they have control.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.