ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse via, Appendix 2

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

5am1224

Spouse via, Appendix 2

Post by 5am1224 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:29 pm

Hi,

I am filling in the Appendix 2 (VAF 4A December 2013) financial requirement form for my spouse, in section 1.21 Have you or your sponsor previously been married/or entered into a civil partnership?
At the end, it says: "if there has been more than one relationship, please provide details in part 6"

I can not find PART 6 anywhere in the appendix? any ideas?

Many thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse via, Appendix 2

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:48 pm

Probably a misprint and should be Part 5. Only list relationships where you were married to another person etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

5am1224

Post by 5am1224 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:10 pm

CR001 wrote:Probably a misprint and should be Part 5. Only list relationships where you were married to another person etc.
Thanks for your quick response.

I have dual nationalities, got married in the UK and then divorced, I have already provided the UK marriage/divorce details in the appendix.

I also got married outside the UK using my nationality at birth, my 2nd wife had a child but I didn't registered the child in the UK. Due to so many issues in my second marriage, we got divorced, I have never registered the 2nd marriage in the UK, my 2nd ex and her family are trying to obtain a British passport for the child under my name as a father.

The question is, do I have to mention the 2nd marriage in the appendix even though its not registered in the UK ?

Also, my family back home paying for child support on my behalf, do I have to declare the amount on the appendix?

Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:31 pm

It makes no difference whether the marriage was in the UK or registered in the UK or not.

If you married wife number 1 and divorced, this is the secondary information for Part 5.

In 1.21, you have to state the 'most recent marriage/divorce', so this would be the marriage to your 2nd wife and you need to attached that divorce paperwork.

Assuming of course that all the divorces took place and were finalised before you remarried, current spouse included.

If YOU don't pay child support and only your family does, then I don't see the relevance in mentioning this but you can add a note in Part 5 if you wish to.

If you are a British citizen other than by descent at the time of the child's birth, then the child is automatically British and entitled to a passport, regardless of your divorce from 2nd wife.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

5am1224

Post by 5am1224 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:41 pm

I have the final divorce paper from my first marriage in the UK which I will be including within the application, however, the 2nd marriage which took place outside the UK before I got my decree absolute from my 1st marriage ( this means that in the eye of the UK law the 2nd marriage is no recognised) I haven't got the divorce certificate just yet, do I have to include it as well? If I submit the application without it would this lead to a visa refusal?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:49 pm

5am1224 wrote:I have the final divorce paper from my first marriage in the UK which I will be including within the application, however, the 2nd marriage which took place outside the UK before I got my decree absolute from my 1st marriage ( this means that in the eye of the UK law the 2nd marriage is no recognised) I haven't got the divorce certificate just yet, do I have to include it as well? If I submit the application without it would this lead to a visa refusal?
In which case you have a serious problem! As your second marriage isn't recognised under British law, your wife won't qualify for a spouse visa.

Your only option would be to apply for a fiance visa and marry in the UK.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:50 pm

Have you married wife number 3 before being divorced from wife number 2??
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:52 pm

CR001 wrote:Have you married wife number 3 before being divorced from wife number 2??
This confused me. It appears that I should have said the 3rd marriage wouldn't be recognised. :|
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

5am1224

Post by 5am1224 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:55 pm

Casa wrote:
5am1224 wrote:I have the final divorce paper from my first marriage in the UK which I will be including within the application, however, the 2nd marriage which took place outside the UK before I got my decree absolute from my 1st marriage ( this means that in the eye of the UK law the 2nd marriage is no recognised) I haven't got the divorce certificate just yet, do I have to include it as well? If I submit the application without it would this lead to a visa refusal?
In which case you have a serious problem! As your second marriage isn't recognised under British law, your wife won't qualify for a spouse visa.

Your only option would be to apply for a fiance visa and marry in the UK.
Hi Casa,

I am divorced from my 2nd wife already (marriage was part of hell) . I have got married for the 3rd time after divorcing my 2nd wife and now applying for my new wife.
I have got my decree absolute from my 1st marriage in the UK, the 2nd one which took place abroad I haven't got the divorce paper, so is it important? by not including the 2nd divorce paperwork would this lead to refusal?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:00 pm

You need to included the second marriage divorce papers, this is the 'most recent' relationship before your current marriage.

How did you do the second divorce?

When was it finalised?

When did you marry wife number 3?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:03 pm

1. The application will be refused without a certificate of divorce

2. If the divorce wasn't completed before you married wife No.3, under British law and under the Immigration Rules, your marriage won't be recognised and a Spouse Settlement visa will be refused.

Edit: I've re-read your earlier post and see that your 2nd marriage took place before the divorce was finalised. So in effect, this marriage wasn't valid.
(Casa, not CR001)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:05 pm

I thought your child's family was applying for a passport last year already??

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... l#p1240006

You also have so many threads asking about similar issues, it is difficult to understand the whole story in sequence.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... l#p1233090

http://www.immigrationboards.com/genera ... l#p1233200
Char (CR001 not Casa)

5am1224

Post by 5am1224 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:11 pm

CR001 wrote:You need to included the second marriage divorce papers, this is the 'most recent' relationship before your current marriage.

When was it finalised?

I got my 2nd divorce by court outside the UK and yes it's all over.

Got married last month also outside the UK but not my original country, I have used my British passport to enter the 3rd marriage, called the British embassy in there asking for any paperwork before I get married and then they have told me that no paperwork from the embassy needed and I shall go ahead and marry.

Do I have to register the 3rd marriage in the British embassy before applying for my wife?

5am1224

Post by 5am1224 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:19 pm

5am1224 wrote:
CR001 wrote:You need to included the second marriage divorce papers, this is the 'most recent' relationship before your current marriage.

When was it finalised?

I got my 2nd divorce by court outside the UK and yes it's all over.

Got married last month also outside the UK but not my original country, I have used my British passport to enter the 3rd marriage, called the British embassy in there asking for any paperwork before I get married and then they have told me that no paperwork from the embassy needed and I shall go ahead and marry.

Do I have to register the 3rd marriage in the British embassy before applying for my wife?
Could anyone confirm please whether I have to register the marriage in the British embassy before applying for a spouse visa or not!

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:33 pm

No, there is no such requirement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

5am1224

Post by 5am1224 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:23 pm

CR001 wrote:No, there is no such requirement.
I have just spoken to someone who has got married abroad, the gentleman told me that he had to obtain a non-obligation permission from the British embassy in the country where he got married, that permission was to confirm he was single and wasn't married to any women.

I approached the British embassy and asked for the same certificate but have been told that it wasn't applicable. I am so confused, have I made any errors! please HELP

5am1224

Post by 5am1224 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:23 pm

5am1224 wrote:
I have just spoken to someone who has got married abroad, the gentleman told me that he had to obtain a non-obligation permission from the British embassy in the country where he got married, that permission was to confirm he was single and wasn't married to any women.

I approached the British embassy and asked for the same certificate but have been told that it wasn't applicable. I am so confused, have I made any errors! please HELP
Guys, please do let me know if I made a mistake, I will be sending the application very soon.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:46 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)

5am1224

Post by 5am1224 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:50 pm

Thank you very much for your help guys.

On the appendix, question 2.7 "Does anyone, other than your sponsor, live in the >>>>>>>
property?". since I am sharing the accommodation with others I have put my housemates' names, ages and their nationalities, however, the form requires their passport numbers, is this essential?

I don't think that my housemates will feel comfortable to give their passport numbers as it's such a confidential information.

If I do leave it blank would it have any negative impact on the application decision?

Once again, many thanks for your help.

5am1224

Post by 5am1224 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:15 am

5am1224 wrote:Thank you very much for your help guys.

On the appendix, question 2.7 "Does anyone, other than your sponsor, live in the >>>>>>>
property?". since I am sharing the accommodation with others I have put my housemates' names, ages and their nationalities, however, the form requires their passport numbers, is this essential?

I don't think that my housemates will feel comfortable to give their passport numbers as it's such a confidential information.

If I do leave it blank would it have any negative impact on the application decision?

Once again, many thanks for your help.
Any advice guys!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:01 pm

It's a Good question that when the sponsor living in sharing accomodation then he need to give the passport numbers of other tenants which I believe that nobody will like to give. In my opinion but not sure but maybe by not giving passport numbers of other tenants I don't think they will refuse application if there is landlord permission letter and house inspection report is attached.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:08 pm

Mrere wrote:I have already asked the current tenants for their passport numbers and they said it's confidential, they are not happy to provide such a thing.

Could anyone confirm whether it's essential or not! I am worried to leave it blank as it could lead to refusal.
Please continue in your own thread rather than tag onto another members thread, which is more complex than your circumstances.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

5am1224

Post by 5am1224 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:43 am

Hi,
I have managed to get the 2nd divorce certificate, the divorce was 2 months before my 3rd marriage.

in appendix 2, it asks for my previous marriages, so I will put the details for the most recent divorce as advised my you guys which is my 2nd marriage.
When I got married for the 2nd time, it was before I got my decree absolute from my 1st marriage, and I know this 2nd marriage it's not recognised in the British law but I am no longer married to the 2nd wife, this is OK?

Would this effect the application decision on my spouse visa for my 3rd wife even though I will provide the divorce certificates for both previous marriages?

Please guys, let me know.

Many thanks

5am1224

Post by 5am1224 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:50 pm

5am1224 wrote:Hi,
I have managed to get the 2nd divorce certificate, the divorce was 2 months before my 3rd marriage.

in appendix 2, it asks for my previous marriages, so I will put the details for the most recent divorce as advised my you guys which is my 2nd marriage.
When I got married for the 2nd time, it was before I got my decree absolute from my 1st marriage, and I know this 2nd marriage it's not recognised in the British law but I am no longer married to the 2nd wife, this is OK?

Would this effect the application decision on my spouse visa for my 3rd wife even though I will provide the divorce certificates for both previous marriages?

Please guys, let me know.

Many thanks
Calling to all experts!!! please help

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:56 pm

I think you have been perfectly answered by seniors already. Until getting decree absolute you are still considered married so if you married before getting decree absolute then your most recent marriage (3rd) won't be legally recognized.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.