ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Booking appointment for JCAP

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

crimson76

Booking appointment for JCAP

Post by crimson76 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:20 pm

I will be calling NCS in next few days to book appointment for joint citizenship and passport application. I will need appointment for 2 adults and one child. Please help with following questions:

1) What information do I need to provide at the time of appointment booking?
2) Do I have to charge NCS fee on my card at the time I call them?
3) Do councils send receipts or any other documents via post or via email to applicants after appointment booking?

I am asking this question, so I could keep all information handy when I call. Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Booking appointment for JCAP

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:02 pm

crimson76 wrote:1) What information do I need to provide at the time of appointment booking?
3) Do councils send receipts or any other documents via post or via email to applicants after appointment booking?
From my own experience - I booked online (Hillingdon) - check your councils registry website:

1) Your Details (name, address, etc), how many adults & children, online bookings also asked whether I had LIUK and English qualification, whether I need an interpreter(!), so nothing complicated.
2) Yes - over phone or online
3) Not sure, maybe by email, if online booking you get email receipt.

WR1

Re: Booking appointment for JCAP

Post by WR1 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:54 pm

Just to add not all NCS are the same so this will depend on the NCS you use. For example, some will send you a passport application form through the post if using JCAP, some expect you to pick up the form from the post office. The NCS I used did not have a online booking facility so had to be done over the phone.

From my experience:
1) What information do I need to provide at the time of appointment booking?
Name, address, number of people applying etc...(same as poster above)
Payment is made at the time of booking
I used NCS Lancashire that they sent a receipt through the post with appointment booking details and a passport application form. Can vary with other NCS.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided