ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ID for "Life in the UK" test

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kaba

ID for "Life in the UK" test

Post by Kaba » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:56 am

Hi guys,

First of all thanks for all the help and guidance. Yesterday I did submit my application.

Something came to my mind which I hope will not be an issue. When I took the "Life in the UK" test, I used my driving license as an ID because my passport was due to expire that time. Since I took the "Life in the UK" test, I moved to another address. So because on the government's website it says that I should use the same ID I used when taking the test, I didn't update my address on the driving license and kept my old one.

Do you guys think that sending my driving license with my old address is going to cause any problems? I intent to update my address basically today after I have submitted it.

Thanks for your time again

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: ID for "Life in the UK" test

Post by Casa » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:21 am

Kaba wrote:Hi guys,

First of all thanks for all the help and guidance. Yesterday I did submit my application.

Something came to my mind which I hope will not be an issue. When I took the "Life in the UK" test, I used my driving license as an ID because my passport was due to expire that time. Since I took the "Life in the UK" test, I moved to another address. So because on the government's website it says that I should use the same ID I used when taking the test, I didn't update my address on the driving license and kept my old one.

Do you guys think that sending my driving license with my old address is going to cause any problems? I intent to update my address basically today after I have submitted it.

Thanks for your time again
Are you aware that it is an offence not to notify the DVLA when your address changes, with a fine of up to £1,000? :!: Government departments share information.
https://www.gov.uk/change-address-driving-licence
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Kaba

Post by Kaba » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:24 am

Hi Casa,

Of course I am aware of that fact. The only reason I didn't update my driving license was because of the fact that they want the exact same ID used when taking the Life in the UK test.

Do you think a cover letter to the Home Office would make the situation clear? Or should I leave it as it is? By the way I am not driving at all, as I don't owe a car.

Thanks

Kaba

Post by Kaba » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:13 pm

I don't own a car*

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:19 pm

You submitted your driving licence with Form AN?

Kaba

Post by Kaba » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:22 pm

Hi there,

Sorry, my bad I did explain it properly. I did apply through NCS, which means that they took a copy of my driving license. So today I did send my original driving license to the DVLA to update my address.

Do you guys reckon I should write a cover letter explaining the situation? When I asked the council employee she said that it shouldn't be a big deal. What do you think?

Thanks

Kaba

Post by Kaba » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:36 pm

I was thinking that it shouldn't make any difference to my application.I will have my updated driving in a few weeks hopefully and I provided to the ncs the driving license I used when I took the test. Do you agree that it shouldn't make a big difference to my application?

Benji_182
inactive
United States of America

Post by Benji_182 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:16 pm

I guess its down to the person dealing with your case and how big of an mule they want to be...I guess if the rest of the application is straightforward they just might be okay especially u sent it via NCS.... :>

Kaba

Post by Kaba » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:35 pm

Hi Benji,

That's what I had on my mind too. It's a comfort to hear it from a 3rd person. Thanks a lot for your opinion :)

Thanks