ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP - Change of name on Pakistan Passport

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Hamzah
Newly Registered

BRP - Change of name on Pakistan Passport

Post by Hamzah » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:42 am

Hi,

My wife has just been granted Further Leave to Remain and has received her BRP with her maiden name as per her current passport (She never got her name changed after marriage). Thing is now her passport is going to expire soon so Pakistan High Commission are saying she first needs to get her National ID Card updated with my name as her surname and also the passport will have my name as her surname which will obviously be different to what is on the BRP (maiden name). Why on Earth she can't keep her maiden name sounds insane!

Anyhow so do I have to get her BRP changed too now? Such a costly procedure having just spent nearly £2000 on FLR(M).

Is there a way to keep her maiden name on new Pakistani passport if anyone is familiar with processes at the Pakistan High Commission?